“Loved It”

Ranked #39 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Loved It”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed in king suite on the second floor for 7 days. The rooms are large and decorated beautifully just like the picture. Huge desk area with enough sockets for recharging our computer, 2 phones, and 2 iPods all at once. It has the best shower I have had at a hotel. It was very spacious with a big shower head and a portable bench. The hotel is very close to I-10, the airport, restaurants and Ontario Mills Mall. You do need a car, but five minutes to get to each was ample. Never had a problem finding parking. All the staff I encountered, day and night, were very helpful and polite and I was greeted every time I passed through the lobby.
The only negatives were the scuff marks on the doors throughout (everything else is very clean, so this is surprising) and the pool furniture needs recovering with a proper outdoor fabric. Also, since there is a fridge and a sink, it should have a microwave. None of these things took away from my room comfort. I will definitely stay again.

2 Thank reeree1225

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed October 20, 2012

went to the hotel for a family gathering, booked two rooms. Checked in late one room on second floor the other first floor, apparently the one on the first hadnt been used, no coffee pot no alarm clock, tv in bedroom did not work and they never fixed it. Expected a suite like table and microwave well guess what none. I would not suggest this place to anyone. Had to ask for more shampoo just not good

1 Thank pp2648
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a family trip to Disneyland and stayed here for 4 nights (Family Suite). I love using coupons, so I found a super great deal, kind of. For 4 nights, I paid $265. For that price, the stay was great. But I would not stay there at the regular price. The hotel is clean, the room was very large and very clean. That is all I really need. BUT...There are many little things that would make this place MUCH better. First...Your first impression is not that great when you walk in the door. They obviously just changed the lobby's decor. But it is awful. You can see holes in the wall from previous wall hangings. It just looks tacky! The elevator is kind of scary. I noticed the permit inside expired in Jan 2011. The pool area furniture is ripped up and looks like it was in a major storm. If you have kids that usually takes baths rather than showers, DO NOT get the family suit, I overlooked this and got stuck climbing into the shower with my kids. It is a large shower, but it is not not meant for kids. If you will be staying more than one night, plan on using a lot of towels. There is only 1 towel bar. In a family room, you would think there would be more than one place to hang up wet towels. There was a musty smell in the bathroom. I think a better ventilation system would help eliminate that. The plumbing in the hotel is awful. The room comes with its own plunger. I had to use it. Then that was not enough. I had to "go: very badly and used the bathroom in the lobby. I then talked to the front desk about the issue. I over heard them talking about many rooms with the same issue. I was able to get maintenance in there to fix it, but maintenance is not there all day, I almost missed him. The free breakfast...well...you get what you pay for. Then one thing that was driving me crazy was all the doors have big black scuff marks from the luggage cart. It is not a big deal, but it would really help with being more appealing if they would invest in some paint and do some touch-ups. But the staff was great and the room and beds were clean. It could be a 4 star if the lil things were taken care of.

1 Thank Shannon H
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently had a business trip to Ontario and was setup to spend a night in the Ontario Grand Inn and Suites. I arrived late in the afternoon and was greeted (if you can all it that) by two people at the front desk. One gentleman was on the phone and did not notice I had walked in, the other person (a young lady) saw I had come in and I felt like I was interrupting something. No smile, no “Welcome to the Ontario Grand Inn” just quick Hi and she asked for my name. During my entire checking process, both folks on the front desk seemed “inconvenienced” by my arrival. The front desk staff had about as much personality as a rock and they seemed to be indifferent to the hotel or their guests. After several minutes of them trying to find my reservations, I was directed to the elevators. No mentioned of any of the amenities at the hotel, if there was breakfast, a wine hour, nothing. Basically “Here is your key, the elevators are down the hall” and back to whatever they were doing when I came in.

I got my room and found the room was clean, but was a little shocked that the room had hardwood floors. I don’t remember a hotel having hardwood floors, so it seemed a little odd, but nothing bad. I did notice on my way up, in the lobbies of each floor they had these huge murals on the walls like forest or beach scenes. I remember seeing these in the magazines provided on airlines and thought it was an odd concept, not that I have seen it on actual walls, definitely don’t like the concept. In my room, I found a similar mural, except I was looking at a large Redwood Tree trunk.

After I unpacked, I pulled out the iron and ironing board and found the iron was “cabled” to the iron board, making it difficult to use. My first thought was “what kind of people stay here that would actually steal an iron.” I actually gave up trying after I found the iron leaked so bad is soaked my shirt.

I also noticed the closet door had a bracket that must have come free, so to fix it, they had used massive amounts of duct tape to hold the bracket in place.

I also went to take a shower the next morning and found the bar of soap that was in the shower, while it was new, was smaller than some potato chips I have eaten.

I also noticed the following with the staff. In the bar area, I found the bartender sitting at a back table playing solitaire when I walked in. Took him a minute to realize I was in the bar.

On my way out, I stopped by the front desk to ask about a local shopping mall and I found 5 employees standing in the lobby talking. It took about 4 minutes for one of the front desk staff to break free from their conversation to help me. Again, the same “indifference” attitude was given.

The good thing, I was there for one night. I have many business trips coming up in Ontario and with all the other hotels in the area; I don’t think I will be back. I am not saying I either liked or disliked the hotel, I am just indifferent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pnutsdad
Orcutt, California
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed 2 nights (Fri/Sat) and both mornings went down for coffee and breakfast before 8:30am and there was nothing left except dry cereal. No coffee, no bread/muffins, nothing! I did not feel that I should have to go looking for someone to restock, so I went elsewhere. Other than that, this is a nice place. I just feel that if they can't keep breakfast available during hours noted, they shouldn't advertise it as included.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The building is new. The walls are paper thin. Every time anyone in the rooms on either side walked around, I could hear them. The room was very clean. The staff at the front was courteous.
The hotel did have a resistance machine in the fitness center. It was good to get a real workout in, instead of just cardio.
Location is fantastic. It is right across the interstate from Ontario Airport. It took me two minutes to get from the hotel to the rental car facility in the morning. Very close to hundreds of restaurants.

Room Tip: Next to an empty room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Alameda, CA
Reviewed September 3, 2012

For the money, this is a great inn - not much more expensive than best western.

Pro: Bed and blanket is very comfortable (for this price range). TV works great. Wifi is good. Room is clean and bathroom is pretty new, no cracks or peeling/moldy grout. Close to ONT airport and highway 10.

Cons: Breakfast selection is minimal (waffles, yogurt, cereal, muffin, juice and coffee/tea, that's it). Bed is small - their 'queen size' is maybe European queen, over here it really is a full size bed, so 2 large individuals may feel crowded sharing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family