“Started out well downhill from there”

Ontario Grand Inn & Suites
Ranked #39 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Mesa, Arizona
“Started out well downhill from there”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Booked 3 nights at the Ontario Grand Inn & Suites because my fiance is taking the Bar. We got a "two–room" suite. Checking in was ok. Room seemed ok, a little sparse in the furniture department. The shower is large and spa like, which is a big bonus. So everything started out good...

Find out the cable stinks, they have about 10 channels and 3 of them don't have sound. All of the clocks in the room were set to different, incorrect, times.
At 1am when I arose to use the facilities I found a cockroach the size of west Texas in the bathroom.

Then at 4:20am the fire alarm starts the loud incessant chirping every 30 seconds that signals a dying battery. I was up at that point so I went downstairs to use their gym. Both treadmills were broken so i was left to choose from a bike or elliptical. I got the last towel and there were no batteries in the remote for the tvs in the gym. ARGGGHH!

After enjoying the lovely spa shower, my fiance and i headed down to their lobby for a "warm continental" breakfast. What a disappointment! They did have a waffle maker, but that was about it. Cold cereal, yogurt, and mediocre waffles were about all there was to recommend it. I've had better breakfasts at Best Western and La Quinta.

Finally, about 8:30 am the hotel got maintenance to come up and fix the fire alarm. That's 4 hours of chirping. It also took two visits to the front desk.

So we still have 2 more nights here, hoping things don't get worse.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Upon arrival, I had high hopes based upon reviews and first impression. Unfortunately some details(shower stall that leaked since door seal was not good, paper thin walls...probably the worst hotel I've been to in regards to sound insulation) will probably have me stay elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Nice shower and comfortable bed. Staff was helpful. Some minor problems such as dead batteries in the TV remote control and unable to adjust temperature on air conditioner. Otherwise, I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

amberamirez
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I am very picky about rooms. I pay attention to spotted mirrors, broken items, dirty rugs, worn furniture, and ugly decorations, among many other things.

Everything in this room worked, it was chic and very comfortable.

The internet was my only complaint. It was easy to sign on, but it kept dropping out. I'm sure it could have been fixed if I cared enough to call down and complain.

The king suite was spacious and had a bedroom separated by a door. No microwave, but a mini fridge and a cute wetbar. The floors are wood and the carpet starts in the living area.

The shower was glorious!!

Room Tip: Go online and choose the King Suite. Parking lot gets FULL at night!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed there for my birthday just to have a get-away close by since by birthday is the 3rd of July I know everything was too hot and too far to be venturing to. I found this place online in the last hour and was extremely suprised on how afforable it was for the amount of space it had and it was available on the 4th of July. It was quited, roomy and extremely comfortable. we stayed in the Deluxe King Suite and it felt more like a home than a hotel room and the floor to ceiling mirror was a super bonus!

Room Tip: King Suite was great if you don't want to share a TV. the bedroom closes off from the living roo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Irwin, California
Reviewed July 4, 2012

If I could give zero for everything I would I arrived at the airport with 5 bags a stroller and a carseat at 12am I had called the hotel to confirm before I booked they could pick me up since I have my baby with me I was told it would only take them 5mins to get me after 4 calls and 40mins they finally got me well the hotel was awful lumpy beds noisy room cramped room lack of any toiletries and what was there I wouldn't even use on my dogs grey towels that should have been white old bed sheets that were lumpy guess that was to match the mattress tiny pillows which smelt and breakfast well if you like steal cereal and fake orange juice you'll like this place and that last thing if you like having friends with you that leave a mark on you you'll enjoy the bed bugs my daughter and I are covered in bites needless to say we checked out at 7am to a different hotel I had stayed at many of times since I go to Ontario twice a month

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CA Central Coast
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Nicely renovated hotel... we found our room more than spacious and clean, and we got an excellent rate for a one-night stay. The hardwood floors and wall murals, and two flat screen TV's were a nice touch. Nice to have two rooms to stretch out between for our family of four too. Did not find the service spectacular, but we didn't need much either... just efficient check in and check out, which we got. We were only stopping for a night during our travels so the room met our needs just fine. The restaurant/happy hour was not available or open during our stay so we can't comment on that... other than it was a little inconvenient. Instead we got take out from a local restaurant recommended in the hotel guide. The food was great, but it took a LONG time to be delivered (well over one hour). Also, the beds were on wheels, which were not locked into place, so every time we tried to sit on a bed, it moved... quite a bit on the hardwood floors. Just be cautious you don't end up on your bum on the hardwood floor if you're trying to lean/sit on the bed! :-) Overall, I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family