“Definitely expected more”

Sandy's Pub
Cuisines: Pub
“Definitely expected more”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Sandy's is located at the Resort at Squaw Creek. This a lovely upscale resort. That being said I would expect a better caliber of food. The menu at Sandy's is very limited. While it is a pub, the food choices are very uninspired and the quality is mediocre. The cup of tortilla soup I ordered was very average and taxed as if it were from a can. My salad was very bland. The rest of our party expressed similar reviews of their choices as well. At a resort such as this, where there are only 3 restaurants to choose from, I would expect that they would all be worth a return visit. Sandy's is nothing special and does not meet the quality expected.

Long Beach, California
“Good Hotel Food”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

3.5 Sandy's Pub is in the Resort at Squaw Creek. We ate dinner there once while we were at the resort on vacation. Ambience pretty decent, TV's showing sports, family friendly, although I'll mention that my chair back was uncomfortable. I eventually forgot about it. My husband had a charbroiled burger. You were able to choose 2 unique toppings from a list. He chose bacon and Swiss cheese, and he thought it was delicious. He liked the fries that came with it. It was $16. I got a steak sandwich which was ok, but fell victim to the "too much stuff" culinary application. It had blue cheese and some kind of onion sauce on it, which I felt drowned some of the flavor. Also, the steak was cut in chunks instead of sliced, which I would have preferred. I got a side salad which was good. I think mine was $16-18. I also got a calamari appetizer which only I liked, but I thought the garlic sauce on it was yummy. One son had a kid's burger which he liked, and my other son got a kid's pizza which he said was "meh." The kids' meals were each $10. Drinks not included.
The service was good. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. It was pricey, but that's what you get in an upscale hotel. Overall, a pretty good place.

• Visited August 2014
Solvang, California
“Very nice!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Lovely view from the outdoor deck. Ate there 3 times during our week stay at the resort. Enjoyed every meal. My fav was the salmon/basalmic salad. Service pretty good but the view and food were great!

Sacramento, California
“Delicious food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The food here is excellent and you can choose a finer meal or typical pub cuisine. I had it all and couldn't get enough! Every time I went the manager was walking around the restaurant and engaging with patrons. I thought that was so nice. There is a firepit just outside the pub and it's a wonderful place to sip wine and share stories.

Visited June 2014
Sacramento, California
“Great Food with Gluten Free Options”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a nice dinner at Sandy's Pub. We found the menu to be well rounded, with burgers, sandwiches and salads. Also, the restaurant had a gluten free menu, which was wonderful for me. We both had burgers, and mine was on gluten free bread. So delicious. I would eat here again.

Visited July 2014