“Outsanding in all aspects”
Review of Squaw Valley Lodge

Squaw Valley Lodge
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Olympic Valley
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Deluxe 1 bedroom condo was outstanding. Facilities are great, especially enjoyed the pool, hot tub and sauna. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Lots of nice events in Squaw and I prefer the village in Squaw to the strip in Tahoe City. Excellent hiking right outside the door and an easy drive to other destinations. This was the perfect place for our family of 4 (kids 14 and 12). Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Squaw Valley Lodge

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed at the squaw valley lodge for 1 week leading up to the Western States 100. I wasn't running the race but doing research and the lodge was very accommodating. Even when I needed 15 extra informed consents they were able to print them up for me in no time.

The rooms were big and clean, the gym was great, and thy had free coffee running for most part of the day. The lodge is right next to trails that take you up to the ski runs and western states trail, and only a minute or 2 away from Squaw Village.

The main lobby at the lodge is a great place to relax, do work, read and hang out. There are plenty of comfortable couches and tables, and even a big fire place, I can only imagine it in the winter.

Over all a fantastic place!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My family (3 kids-18, 16, 8) spent a Saturday night here in June. 80's decor, rooms were clean, spacious for our family of 5. I was running a race early Sunday morning and wanted to be able to walk to the village. This property served that purpose. My kids tried to check out a couple of games from the desk-so many missing pieces we couldn't play. Again the worn out feel. It's always tough for me to plop down $250 for a nights sleep and feel that you got very little for that amount of money, but that is how I felt. I will try another place when we go for the race next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Wishicoudtravelmore
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was in the Lake Tahoe area with friends and we stayed in one of the two storey rooms in the Lodge. The Lodge was conveniently located in the village. It was a short walk to the center of the village, but not so close that it got noisy. It was next to some ski lifts (we were there outside of skiing season). So it was probably quite ideal for a skiing vacation.

The room itself was good -- clean and spacious. It had a small kitchen so one could make simple meals in there. It was a bit hard at first to find the room, as the property was quite large, with different elevators leading to different wings.

The property came with quite a few amenities, including swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, gym, table tennis and tennis, etc. Too bad we did not have enough time to enjoy them all. But of course, that was because we were spending all our time enjoying the great outdoors in the region!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The lodge is perfectly located adjacent to Olympic Village, just steps from the gondola. The lodge parking is closer than the lots for Squaw Valley. We enjoyed the outdoor and indoor Jacuzzis, had a nice, fully equipped
kitchenette, and even slept on the sofa bed one night (it was that comfortable). The staff were friendly but let us come and go without excessive doting.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I've been skiing at Squaw my entire life and always thought how fun it would be to stay at Squaw Valley Lodge...after years of thinking about it, my wife and I took our 3 kids (9 yrs old and
under) on a spring skiing trip this year and the Lodge exceeded expectations. We stayed in a lofted studio that was appropriately appointed and provided plenty of room. The small kitchenette was perfect for making a "big day" breakfast. Location close to the village is optimal. Staff provided every need including finding and FedEx'ing a forgotten stuffed animal back to our home. We are already planning our trip next year.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We came for a wedding then stayed for skiing - thanks for ordering the snow for us! So nice to be able to walk from our room to the Funitel... not exactly sure about skiing in and out though - for $600/night I think we would have preferred to ski in and out.
We slept on the pull out sofa - which was comfortable and nice as a sofa, but not as a bed.
All in all, we had a great time and enjoyed being able to cook/ eat in our condo.
Hope to return soon.

#2 of 5 in Olympic Valley
The Village At Squaw Valley
The Village At Squaw Valley
#3 of 5 in Olympic Valley
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 9 in Stateline

Been to Squaw Valley Lodge? Share your experiences!