Squaw Valley Lodge
Resort at Squaw Creek(Olympic Valley)(Great Value!)
$235
$219
Red Wolf Lodge at Squaw Valley(Olympic Valley)(Great Value!)
$226
$210
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
The Village At Squaw Valley(Olympic Valley)(Great Value!)
$224
Hotels.com
Granlibakken Tahoe(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$191
$143
Travelocity
$84
Basecamp Tahoe City(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$112
Tamarack Lodge(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$129
Official Site
Sunnyside Restaurant and Lodge(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$155
PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn(Olympic Valley)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssquaw valleygreat locationcable carloft suitetahoe cityshort walk to the villageslope sidehigh campparking garagefull kitchenwe've stayedhot tubski gearolympic villageexercise roomdvd playerfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2008

Just returned from 5 days at svl. Booked through squaw valley central reservations . Big mistake.. Back in Nov we recieved a brochure in the mail from squaw .It was a Squaw Valley Vacation Planner which we assumed was the official Squaw valley .In the brochure they offered package deals book three nights get the fourth free.at svl. They also offered the new village at squaw for 100.00 more per person. When I booked the trip I asked for a room closest to the slopes and with a balcony. When we checked in our room was buried in snow covering up the windows completely. This was old snow that had been there all season..not a new dumping..When we asked to be moved they put us in a room facing the parking garage with a terrible view and had no balcony. When we asked about a room with a better view and balcony they informed us that the price would go up quite a bit so we then decided rather than pay extra for SVL room that we thought we were already getting we decided to upgrade to the new village which were way better units than SVL. I walked over to central reservations to see about moving and was greeted by a really young kid . I first asked if there was any rooms available in the new village and he told me that I should check with the new village themselves as they would be cheaper than what he could do. Well, when we booked this reservation we checked the new village web site and their price was higher than central reservations so that is why we booked thorough central reservations. Why would he tell me to go somewhere else? So then I asked to speak with the lady who I booked the trip with over the Phone previously. She came out and I asked her that we were unhappy with SVL and we would like to upgrade to the new village and she said,sure, let me check to see what was available. As she was checking this same young kid who was going to send me somewhere else opened his mouth and said that SVL would have a no cancel policy therefore we are stuck at SVL...Then the girl said she would talk to her boss (which she never did) and she would call me. She never did call, the young kid did and informed us we were indeed stuck at SVL and if we wanted a balcony that we would have to pay for it. We were givin a very nice room with the front lobby roof right in our face.. Oh well, we made the best of it and the mountain fortunately delivered and we had a great time but beware of staff that is un-informed about anything..We were very unhappy that the girl who we first made the booking abandoned us to a young kid who just charged us more for what we thought we were allready getting. Went to the front desk one morning and asked for a grooming sheet and they responded"what is that ? Could not find one anywhere around the resort. The problem with SVL is they have no good views but when coming down the mountain run you can ski right to the door which was worth giving up the higher open views that the new village units offer. SVL buildings look dated from the outside and the inside smelled like a ski lodge. The units were very clean though and once we finally got our balcony room it was very nice.. great shower and great bed... Blue Onion has great breakfast!!!! It was right next door.
We will never book through central reservations again because of their mis-leading policies on changes as we were told when booking that we were allowed to move and upgrade as long as it was available .

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2008

Just returned from a week at the Squaw Valley Lodge. The hotel was in a great location- ski-in/ski-out, close to all the shops and restaurants in the Village. Our room and the other facilities around the property were extremely clean and well kept. We had a great price through an online package deal, and were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the hotel. Would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for slopeside lodging.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChristyB10
Reviewed December 30, 2007

Awesome time for first snows in December. Most units are kept in excellent shape. You can't beat the closeness this resort is to the best lifts and slopes in Tahoe. The Squaw Valley Cable car seems to go directly down to the rooms at this facility!
Friendly and helpful staff. They've expanded parking and improved the parking issues of prior years.
Everytime I stay here (this will be my 4th time in 10 years), I wish my stay was a for a few more days.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Dominicus
Reviewed September 17, 2007

It was great if you want full amenities and close walking the the shops and trails. The deluxe studio has a partition for a separate room with a tv in both rooms. Very nice staff, decent rooms.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank Diaz21
Reviewed September 5, 2007

Squaw Valley is the place we escape to when we just have a day or two for unwinding. Up until this trip, we have always stayed in the Village. This time we decided to give Squaw Valley Lodge a try.

When we take the gondola to High Camp, we pass over the Lodge. It looked like a nice place with a pretty pool. So, we gave it a shot this time. Good choice.

The pool, and the hot tubs were super, and the room excellent. I had a great massage there.

I could see where some rooms looked out at the wall of another building, or at the parking lot. You might inquire about available to you when booking.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank BeachWizard4U