Red Wolf Lodge at Squaw Valley
Resort at Squaw Creek(Olympic Valley)(Great Value!)
$259
$249
Hotels.com
The Village At Squaw Valley(Olympic Valley)(Great Value!)
$219
$197
Travelocity
PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn(Olympic Valley)(Great Value!)
$280
Orbitz.com
Granlibakken Tahoe(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$191
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $223/night.

$195
$164
Pepper Tree Inn(Tahoe City)
$203
Travelocity
Basecamp Tahoe City(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$309
Tamarack Lodge(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$144
Official Site
Squaw Valley Lodge(Olympic Valley)
TripAdvisor
Olympic Village Inn(Olympic Valley)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssquaw valleyred wolfolympic villagemurphy bedfull kitchencovered parkinggreat locationpancake breakfastthe kids ski schoolski lockersexercise equipmentshort walk to the villageclub roomstudio unitfree laundrywine and cheesefirst floor
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had a great time here and were happy to have stayed on the mountain. Usually we stay in Truckee but this was so nice, walking out our door and being right there, no substitute, avoiding all that traffic gave us easily an extra hour of stress free skiing every day.

Most the mountain was not open as we knew but they did a good job making snow and keeping the runs well cared for.

Our place was spacious, clean, and well priced, we'll be back in February for more and hoping better snow.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Squaw Valley is a great ski resort and the surrounding towns of Truckee and Tahoe City offer much in the way dining and entertainment. The Red Wolf Lodge is ideally situated in the Village next to the lifts and that is the end of favorable comments. Our room was extremely noisy, the bed was uncomfortable. At night we heard snow making machines, snow blowers and the big Cats grooming the runs. The manager, who was very nice and sympathetic, changed our room but then the occupants above us sounded like a heard of elephants and the floor squeaked and creaked as though they were pounding on the floor all night long. We had a great ski time at Squaw but would never again stay at the RED WOLF, even if it was free.
The building is very old and although clean and comfortable enough it should be razed and replaced. It is no fun being unable to sleep for an entire week and that is entirely the fault of the old building with many functional defects. I have never reviewed anything before and my wife and I, both seniors, are not the complaining type. I felt compelled to write this.

Room Tip: DON'T STAY HERE. All rooms are going to be extremely noisy but if you must, pick a top floor, in the middle, towards the rear.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank hkrikorian
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Let me start with the location and their address....do not follow the address listed on the resort page. Set your GPS to Squaw Village and the resort is right there...kind of look like being part of the parking lot structure behind the Squaw Villages. So do not use your their address and your GPS navigation or cell phone. We got lost for awhile but if you go into the parking lot of Squaw Valley the Red Wolf is right there by the lift area...No big sign or markings and the address does not make any sense.

The place was nice, clean but nothing fancy like the Village condos next door. But for what you paid the location is perfect to lounge and walk to the Squaw Village shops

Our 2 teen boys found the sofa bed extremely uncomfortable so we lay the mattress on the floor to minimize their discomfort. If you have more than 2 people keep that in mind...the sofa bed is not comfortable. So try to get the 2 bedrooms unit if you have 4 people.

Red Wolf is a nice family place, well maintained but the radiant heat in the ceiling kept the condo too hot for us. so you need to leave the windows open to get some cold air.

The resort has cruiser bikes for the guests usage for free and the nice path from the resort can take you to Tahoe City..awesome ride alone the Truckee river!

Internet was free too but a very slow...

Housekeeping was very attentive and keep the place very clean.

The room we stayed was next to the snow making equipment for Squaw so it was too noise, we had a hard time falling sleep the first 2 days but got "use to it" by the 3rd night and we slept better.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DonHector
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I wanted to write a review because I truly found a great small Hotel/Timeshare. The Red Wolf Lodge at Squaw Valley will not disappoint you. It is not fancy or upscale. But, it is very comfortable and very clean. I was truly surprised at the quality of the room I had here at The Red Wolf Lodge. Very much a cabin feel & style. The Resort Maintenance is on top of every detail needed to keep this property looking new and refreshing. When I walked in to my room I was taken by how clean the room was on my first impression. House Cleaning truly has done a remarkable job on my room prior to my arrival. Everything seems new, yes there are some used items..but, everything is in good shape. The gas fireplace is truly an added bonus with the view I have of the ski slopes. My room sits right at the base of the ski runs...close enough to enjoy and far enough away not to have a lot of noise. Really nice balcony with the unit. Nice kitchen with good supplies for use. Good lighting in the bathroom and main room. The bathroom is really nice...great decor-rock floor...the same is said about the rest of the room I stayed in. Rock entry which is nice as well. I would request the mountain side for best views & afternoon Sun. You are just a short, short walking distance to the Squaw Village & the great Tram ride to the top of the mountain. A great little get-away! and well worth it to stay here at The Red Wolf Lodge which is part of Grand Pacific Resorts. Bob from Reno, Nevada

Room Tip: Ask for the Ski Run side. Wonderful view and you will also get the Sun for the afternoon and evening.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Robert L
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in a studio room which was well laid out and cozy. Our views of the mountains was great. The Red Wolf Lodge has something planned every day of the week if you choose to participate. The range is from a free pancake breakfast to a Wine & Cheese Social to Wii Games Night.
They also have loaner bikes that we rode into Tahoe City. It was a great ride on a beautiful Tahoe autumn day on the bike trail along the Truckee River. Hiking is good around here too.
If you are here for ski season, this is right at the ski lifts.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor (3) to have better views. We stayed in 305... nice views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple