Resort at Squaw Creek
The Village At Squaw Valley(Olympic Valley)(Great Value!)
$116
Very Good 4/5
Granlibakken Tahoe(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$191
$143
Travelocity
$84
Very Good 4/5
Basecamp Tahoe City(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$127
Very Good 4/5
Tamarack Lodge(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$129
Official Site
Great 4.5/5
Sunnyside Restaurant and Lodge(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$205
Hotels.com
  • Fitness center
PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn(Olympic Valley)
Great 4.5/5
Squaw Valley Lodge(Olympic Valley)
Excellent 5/5
2,058 results
All reviewssandy's pubfireplace suiteforest viewski liftolympic villageice skatingchair liftsweet potatoes delitahoe cityself parkfree shuttleshuttle servicebeautiful propertyheated poolvalet parkingfitness centeroff season
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 6, 2014

What great help from Kate at the concierge. The front desk was also very welcoming and helpful. The ski in & ski out amenities are amazing. Great family atmosphere with over the top customer service. The deli manager was. Wry pleasant and offered great fast service!

Room Tip: Request mountain/slope side rooms
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
RSC1SquawValleyUSA, General Manager at Resort at Squaw Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Brian,

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. Come back and see us again and thanks for posting your review.

Eric Sather,

Reviewed January 19, 2014

This hotel has reached all my expectations and has shown to be one of the best hotels in my life. Rooms are really clean and comfortable. Ski service such as ski deposit and shuttle to the base of the mountain is really useful. I would defiantly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying at the Resort at Squaw Creek in December with 4 young teenagers. We opted for a suite which had ample accomodation for all 6 of us, the view from our room was spectacular and the suite was very comfortable and cosy. We loved the fireplace and the small kitchenette, with everything onsite to facilitate your sulking holiday we were able to purchase or hire anything we didn't have with us which made our trip to Squaw valley all that more enjoyable. Would thoroughly recommend staying here we loved it ..

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

This is a big hotel with lots of amenities and handful of shops. The rooms were a good size, fitness center was pretty spacious. They have a few different restaurants and restaurant/bars onsite with good food. The hotel is located right in a valley with golf right there and the small ski resort (previous site for a winter games is open, but somewhat sleepy on the summer) is a short hike It would be a long/too long walk in/with ski gear.

You can also rent bikes from the resort and bike down to Lake Tahoe, which is a very nice ride. Rafting/kayaking are also nearby options. There are a lot of restaurant options down in the town by the lake too. If the prices were good I'd definitely go back with my family for a future trip.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is the 5th year we've gone to RSC for Christmas. It remains a great location for skiing. Skiing is easy to get to and challenging.

The resort itself is in serious need of updating. They changed the carpet and got new bed linens, but that isn't enough. The furniture is beat up and old. The rooms (even those with mountain views) are dark and dreary. Please send in the interior designers!

We've never stayed at the RSC for the food, but we do eat breakfast there everyday. What has been in past years a decent breakfast buffet has taken a downward turn. Less variety, baked goods baked weeks ago and defrosted. The person at the omelette station didn't speak English (and I tend to be pretty relaxed about that; I'm ESOL teacher), but when I pointed to the ingredients I wanted, he still had no idea what I was talking about. The Christmas buffet was inedible. I ate a roll and a piece of chocolate. I spoke to someone at the front desk about it and he assured me someone would contact me about it, but no one did.

RSC has to be updated to stay competitive. If not, the Ritz Carlton at North Star is looking better and better.

Room Tip: Try to get a room looking at the valley. The views are incredible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank dante709
RSC1SquawValleyUSA, Manager at Resort at Squaw Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear dante709,

Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the frustrations you experienced at our breakfast buffet. Your comments regarding the buffet staff are appreciated and very helpful for our team. Our restaurant teams strive to provide exceptional service to all our guests. I will pass along your feedback for their review. I hope we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future, so we may have another opportunity to demonstrate the true Tahoe experience.

Kind regards,