Resort at Squaw Creek
The Village At Squaw Valley(Olympic Valley)(Great Value!)
$219
$197
Orbitz.com
PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn(Olympic Valley)(Great Value!)
$280
Granlibakken Tahoe(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$191
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $216/night.

$195
$164
Pepper Tree Inn(Tahoe City)
$203
Travelocity
Basecamp Tahoe City(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$309
Sunnyside Restaurant and Lodge(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$319
$399
  • Pool
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $510/night.

Squaw Valley Lodge(Olympic Valley)
TripAdvisor
Olympic Village Inn(Olympic Valley)
TripAdvisor
2,105 results
All reviewssandy's pubfireplace suiteforest viewski liftolympic villageice skatingchair liftsweet potatoes delitahoe cityself parkfree shuttleshuttle servicebeautiful propertyheated poolvalet parkingfitness centeroff season
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We took our two grandchildren (age 15 & 10) for two nights. We had a fabulous time. This is definately a perfect family resort. The room was good, the food was good and healthy, all the employees were very helpful and friendly. The resort location was exceptional. Absolutely beautiful area only 5 miles north of Lake Tahoe. Though you won't even care about going to the crowded Lake area as this place has it all. We loved the pool slide and the excellent pool-side service for food and drinks.

Room Tip: Didn't spend much time in our room so we did not upgrade and were quite happy with the 2 queen room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
RSC1SquawValleyUSA, General Manager at Resort at Squaw Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your sentiments regarding Resort at Squaw Creek. We certainly look forward to having you stay with us next time your family embarks on a Tahoe getaway.

Eric Sather

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am in love with the Resort at Squaw Creek. Well, with Tahoe in general, but this review is about the resort, so here goes...

My partner and I got a fantastic deal to stay at this hotel which, frankly, would normally be way out of our price range. I left actually feeling relaxed (i'm kind of a nervous person) and I think the comfort of this hotel had a lot to do with it.

Here are the pros:
Great deal through Expedia (and i'm sure other travel sites)
Gorgeous hotel (the lobby is stunning)
Friendly staff (either they are treated well or the hotel is drugging them)
Views of the valley (we paid for a valley view room. I think it was worth the extra $$)
Complimentary water with orange slices available in the lobby (I love those little touches)
Big [--] TV (not that we were there to watch TV, but it was nice to watch 1/2 a movie before going to sleep)
Very nice linens (the bed was a bit hard for me but my partner loved it)
Very clean
We were able to get a late check out at no charge
SUPERB pina coladas by the pool (and a cute bartender who carded me and insisted I looked younger than I am)

A few (nitpicky) cons:
The pool was a bit buggy. I'm not sure what the little bugs were. They weren't mosquitoes per se and they didn't bite, but they would land on me and it tickled a bit, so I noticed them.
LOTS of children (which could be a plus if you're looking for a family-friendly place)
Items in the cafe are pricey, but I think that's just Tahoe in general ($2 for a hard boiled egg)

Overall, The Resort at Squaw Creek was perfect for our Tahoe adventure. I think anyone who says there would be hard pressed to not fall in love with it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessicabythebay
Reviewed July 1, 2013

One of the most beautiful resorts in Northern Ca. Very clean, amazing mountain views, fabulous pool area. The only down side is the food and drinks at the resort are pricey and the breakfast buffet is limited in food variety considering the price but I suppose it was somewhat expected. Overall it was a perfect family weekend getaway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
RSC1SquawValleyUSA, Public Relations Manager at Resort at Squaw Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the amazing mountain views at Resort at Squaw Creek, and that the resort made for an excellent family getaway for you. I am not sure of the exact date of your stay, but we wanted you to know that we have a recently launched a special price for the buffet breakfast of $16 that runs through the summer. We hope you can make it back to Tahoe for another trip this summer season.

Marc Sapoznik

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband was playing in the band at the Placer County Sheriff Convention where there were 350 sheriffs and their wives. The party with a banquet and the band was outside on a lovely large patio with phenomenal views. The food was astounding in it's delicious variety of options.
Plus very generous drink offerings.

The musician's and their spouses received complimentary rooms. We were offered a beautifully furnished, very small room with 2 queen beds. Wow, it was elegant but tiny and crowded for 2 plus luggage.

However, I was wearing a sling after recent shoulder replacement surgery and could not yet sleep in a bed. We asked for and received the 1 bedroom king bed fireplace suite which had a comfy couch and thick pillows on which I could rest. What a place and what a view. The windows even opened fully, but as there were no screens we, regretfully had to close them at twilight due to the bugs. The living-dining rooms were tasteful and comfy. The galley kitchen was fantastic with built-in and a two-burner stove, small refrigerator, microwave, sink all the cutlery, dishes, pots-pans, measuring cup, etc. you could need for several days. Even dish towels, pot holders, sponges, and paper towels. Behind one cabinet drawer was, astoundingly, a small dishwasher.

The bedroom contained the most phenomenally comfortable king bed, closet, desk, etc. and there was a large bathroom also containing a door into the living room area. Everything was so comfortable, intimate, and subtly luxurious as to make us want to stay for ann extended time in our miniature "cabin".

The Resort lobby is gorgeous with a huge stone fireplace (fire roaring in the chilly evening and early morning hours. Beautiful decor and a tremendous amount of recreational opportunities. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. While the space has a European mountain chalet-like appearance, there is an airiness and lightness as to feel very Californian. Fantastic for couples, families and golfers, tennis players, hikers, etc..

I would give the Resort 5 stars except for the fact that the standard rooms are almost too small for comfort.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, book the 1 or 2 bedroom suites.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
RSC1SquawValleyUSA, Public Relations Manager at Resort at Squaw Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at Resort at Squaw Creek. We are glad you and your group had a good time during your stay, although we are sorry to hear that your arm was in a sling. That takes some of the recreational opportunities off the table. Anyhow, we are very happy to hear that you were comfortable and enjoyed our chefs' cuisine. We always look forward to having this group stay with us at Resort at Squaw Creek. The location is hard to beat for a conference, isn't it?

By the way, our Deluxe Guestrooms are 379 square feet, which is on par with other upscale resorts in the area. Granted, the suites are more spacious. In fact, at Resort at Squaw Creek, Fireplace Suites comprise the majority of the rooms.

We wish you a full recovery with your injury, and hope to see you back without the sling, so you can enjoy the amenities and recreation a bit more.

Marc Sapoznik

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Unbelievable views and overall incredible place to vacation in the summer. The pool area is perfect for family fun. Lots of recreation in the area. Still in awe of the view. Looking forward to a return visit. Only complaint is the distance to park your car. May be worth the $20 per day valet service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business