Just spent a few days at the resort with two kids (5 and 8) over holiday break.
Here are the pros and cons for the hotel. We really wanted to love this place, but have to say that the cons definitely outweighted the anticipated potential.
- Super small suites, feel claustraphobic and way overpriced for $600 per night. You get a kitchen, dining room table, a fireplace, etc, but everything is super crammed.
- Kids club should be included. Instead they ask for $60 for 3 hrs, per kid. It seems outrageous especially when you already spent so much per night and paid resort fees.
- Staff - overall clueless. It's evident that the management is very poor. Restaurants can't accommodate all the visitors, you can't get a reservation. No good places for sledding, so lots of hotel guests ended up having to sled on the road where buses run. Not safe!
- Arcade room - super sad
- Skating rink - non-existent because the staff is not efficient in clearing up the snow.
- Entertainment program for the kids and adults - non-existent as well. You'd think they would invest in some entertainers for the kids especially during a busy season.
- Restaurants - awful wine choices and well liquor is sub-par. Again, they could invest in more high-end options; the opening of the Mountain Pizza restaurant brought a local 'pot-smoking' crowd. Ultimately, it was a bar, not a restaurant, and not appropriate for families.
- Hotel layout - clearly designed for summer, not winter especially when it snows. You have to go outside to get to the main lobby, spa, workout area and restaurants.
- Easy to get to, beautiful location
- Comfortable beds
The bottom line: don't waste your money until the hotel management changes and they make significant improvements.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury mountain resort located at the base of Squaw Valley USA, five miles from the shores of Lake Tahoe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Resort at Squaw Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resort At Squaw Creek Hotel Olympic Valley
- Hotel At Squaw Creek
- At Squaw Creek Hotel
- Resort Squaw Creek
- Squaw Creek Resort