“Paaaleeease People!”

Resort at Squaw Creek
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Olympic Valley
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 11, 2011

My family has stayed at here 4 times. Each time we have enjoyed it more than the last.
I travel quite a bit to resort vacations in the U.S. and other Countries. It is so tiring to read some of the reviews that are left by others. Your reviews may keep another family from visiting. These people do not know that you are impossible to please.
You couldn't believe there was a resort tax on your bill.
Do you ever travel? I can't remember staying at a resort/hotel that doesn't charge at least $10 per night resort tax. Are you kidding me? When you book through a travel company on line, read the fine print, it warns you that yes there is a resort tax which is not included in your price.
The Food at this resort is as good as any restaurant in the Tahoe area. Believe me I have tried them all. I do not go to Northern California for the food. Venture out on your next trip and eat at the 5 star rated restaurants. Trust me the food will be no better.
The Employee's, they are as professional and polite as they can be. I have never had a problem. I do believe that some people think they are the only guest at the hotel and deserve all of the service. The lady who wanted an umbrella, is it possible there were no more umbrella's? And if there were, maybe you should of gotten up and grabbed your own. That is what I would have done. Are you not able? Then ask another guest. That is, providing there were any available.
For those of you who give this resort bad ratings, please do stay away. I don't want you there when I visit next time.

Room Tip: The valley view are with out a doubt the best rooms. However, if you are like my family we do not st...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lakefront2016
There are newer reviews for Resort at Squaw Creek

Reviewed December 7, 2011

Great beds, great room, awesome location. Views were great, though we couldn't ski to the resort because of lack of snow, I look forward to coming back in the dead of winter to have that kind of access.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We decided to try this resort because we'd found a Groupon for it--and we were delighted. The staff were very helpful and friendly. One disappointment was that some of the amenities weren't available because of the weather and the lack of demand, but we had a great time nonetheless: the fitness center was really nice (the women's restroom offers showers, dry and steam sauna; the hot tub and pool area was beautiful; and the rooms were comfortable (though a bit small). The area (Squaw Valley/Lake Tahoe) is beautiful and the resort takes advantage of what the region offers. Next time I want to try the spa services and the other restaurants on site. You really would never have to leave: everything is there for you.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Loved everything about our stay here. The room was elegant, top quality! Dinner at Six Peaks was one of the best meals we've had anywhere. Staff was very efficient, helpful and friendly. Definitely exceeded our expectations!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
RSC1SquawValleyUSA, Manager at Resort at Squaw Creek, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

Thank you for your comments! We hope to see you again in the future.

Regards,

Heimo Brandstatter
Resort Manager

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Festive atmosphere and beautiful scenery inside and out.

Room Tip: One bedrooms suites come with fireplaces...very nice!
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I enjoyed with my sister a four night thanksigiving break at the resort. We stayed in a deluxe fireplace suite, everything was clean and superbly organized. There's a small kitchen with everything you would need to prepare a meal, even a dishwasher. We took advantage of the different dining options and had dinner at Six Peak Grille with an excellent "prix-fixe" menu. We also tried one dinner buffet and it was delicious.The ambience in the hotel gets a bit messy when it becomes more crowded, with long wait for the buffet breakfast. As there wasn't enough snow we couldn't take advantage of the chairlift located just outside of the hotel and to ski we had to go to the base station of Squaw Valley.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
RSC1SquawValleyUSA, General Manager at Resort at Squaw Creek, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

We're delighted you were able to visit Resort at Squaw Creek during the opening days of our annual Magical Memories holidays celebration. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Regards,

Eric Sather

Reviewed November 23, 2011

I was looking for a destination that we could make a quick trip to. It has lots to do to keep my kids busy and allow some relaxation time for me. Hotel ammentities and service are at a high level. I wish that I could come every weekend! Hiking in the summer then lounging by the pool while a waiter brings you drinks and playing in the snow and skiing in the winter in an absolutely beautiful location... what more can you ask for?

Room Tip: Get the fireplace suites, you can bring your own food and save some money.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olympic Valley
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino

Been to Resort at Squaw Creek? Share your experiences!