Plump Jack is the perfect location if you are looking for a ski in ski out hotel. It is literally a 30 second walk from the hotel entrance to the tram. It is right next to the squaw village which includes many restaurants, retail outlets and a small grocery store. Note: there is no valet parking and the parking lot is small and can be very slippery.
Plump Jack felt very comfortable almost like staying in someone’s home.
The hotel itself is a little bit unusual. It is an older building with 3 levels. It’s a bit smaller than I expected and there are no elevators in the building which is very inconvenient when trying to carry bags or walk downstairs in ski boots. The staircases are also very narrow so be careful! The hotel otherwise is nicely furnished and is clean and comfortable. They offer hot cider when you check-in which is a great touch!
You are allowed to put your skis/snowboard at the front desk but poles and ski boots have to go in your room/car.
They offer a beautiful breakfast buffet every morning with your room. I highly recommend the delicious granola!
Although many of the staff members are young most were very nice and helpful.
We had a room on the second level facing into the hotel (view of the swimming pool). The rooms are smaller than I expected and the furniture is a bit dated. I also agree that the white fan in the window is a little unattractive! The rooms were spotless and beds extremely comfortable. The walls are a little thin but no one was loud enough to wake us from sleeping. The bathrooms are very spacious however; it would have been nice to have a bathtub instead of or in addition to a shower especially after a long day of skiing!
Also, there were 4 people in my party yet only two robes, and slippers in the room, although it was no trouble to get more it would have been nice if this had been address prior to our arrival.
The Plump Jack hotel seems very secure and we had no issues however, I was disappointed that there are no safes in the rooms! You can have a security box at the front desk however they are very small and only big enough for some jewelry. I decided to lock my valuable in my car’s trunk during the day. A hotel of this caliber really should install large safes in every room!
There is free high speed wireless internet in all of the rooms that worked very well! A great amenity!
RESTAURANT/IN ROOM DINING:
The Plump Jack restaurant is excellent! Everyone thought the food was delicious. I highly recommend making a reservation ahead of time as it fills up very quickly.
I did not use the pool or jacuzzis while I was here but two people in my party did and said it was very relaxing and enjoyable.
There is no spa at Plump Jack however there is a spa located in the village. The gym is brand new, has a treadmill and two ellipticals plus weight machines/free weights.
Plump Jack was a great place to stay and we will probably return in the future. There are some minor elements that could be improved on but overall we truly enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn in North Lake Tahoe brings new meaning to the term "peak experience."Comfortable and casually elegant, our Lake Tahoe mountain escape offers an intimate resort experience, complete with fine dining and an attentive staff that's dedicated to making your stay everything you dreamed of. From the mountains to the lake, there's ample opportunity for outdoor adventure. And with slope-side access and some of the area's best hiking, PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn, near Lake Tahoe's north shore, offers more than just a getaway, but a true experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plumpjack Squaw Valley Hotel Olympic Valley
- Plumpjack Squaw Valley Olympic