To put it bluntly, the restaurant is great but the rooms are not at all. Especially considering what you pay for them.
Walls are paper thin, rooms were small, low ceilings, noisy, no closet, just shower, not very clean, stained and worn out carpets, and non professional room service. Now admittedly we were in one of the 'dog friendly' rooms downstairs but still, if we are paying $425/night + $150 for the dog plus resort fees for a Superior King room I expect something much better. Maybe during summer when the pool and patio is open it's different...
On the other hand the restaurant was excellent. If you have to stay there, for the convenience or whatever, make sure you ask for something on the 2nd floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn in North Lake Tahoe brings new meaning to the term "peak experience."Comfortable and casually elegant, our Lake Tahoe mountain escape offers an intimate resort experience, complete with fine dining and an attentive staff that's dedicated to making your stay everything you dreamed of. From the mountains to the lake, there's ample opportunity for outdoor adventure. And with slope-side access and some of the area's best hiking, PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn, near Lake Tahoe's north shore, offers more than just a getaway, but a true experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plumpjack Squaw Valley Hotel Olympic Valley
- Plumpjack Squaw Valley Olympic