The Village At Squaw Valley
Resort at Squaw Creek(Olympic Valley)(Great Value!)
$219
$199
Squaw Valley Lodge(Olympic Valley)(Great Value!)
$179
PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn(Olympic Valley)(Great Value!)
$195
Red Wolf Lodge at Squaw Valley(Olympic Valley)(Great Value!)
$119
TripAdvisor
  • Fitness center
Granlibakken Tahoe(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$230
$87
$84
Pepper Tree Inn(Tahoe City)
$115
Basecamp Tahoe City(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$112
Hotels.com
Tamarack Lodge(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$129
Official Site
Sunnyside Restaurant and Lodge(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$235
$230
Priceline
All reviewsvillage at squaw valleyhigh campbedroom condounderground parkingfull kitchenseason passmedia roomski lockersrestaurants and barsspring skiingfireside pizzaauld dublinertahoe citymountain viewski schoolski resortlift tickets
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Overall we were very disappointed with our stay. The walls must be paper thin as we could hear everything going on in the rooms near us and that means that I'm sure they could hear us. The location is without doubt fantastic, and parking is exceptional, however that's where the pros for this place end. The cons: So noisy!!! The noise from other rooms, outside the room (in the village) people leaving restaurants and bars midweek, vehicles and snowgrooming machines and snowmobiles felt like they were inside our room. The quality of the rooms are run down. There were cracks in most walls and inside the bathroom. For 2 people at nearly $300 per night I expected more. Also room was too hot. Only way to cool it down was to open the windows. In the middle of winter this is not ideal. We complained about the noise and were moved from building 5 to building 3 which was also a bigger room. The noise between our neighbours was less however the outside noise was worse. The rooms need better windows to seal the noise. I would recommend staying away from the village (if you have a car stay in Tahoe vista and drive up to Squaw/Alpine or of you don't have a car try to arrange accom that has a shuttle bus to the mountain.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Marcusta
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed in a 2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom, top floor condo for 1 week.
Overall, did not have any huge complaints, and enjoyed our stay.
Not overly impressed, but at the same time, no major complaints.

Pros: Loved the location, very convenient. The restaurants in the village are excellent (especially PlumpJacks and the Bistro), and offers really convenient access to skiing/boarding, shops (shopping was OK) and restaurants. Loved the high ceilings in the main living space and the huge window and the view of the mountain was really beautiful. The kitchen, although compact had everything we needed (including a coffee maker, toaster, cutlery, dishes, pots/pans, etc etc). Liked the heated floors in the bathroom. Liked the fireplace with the timer (didn't have to worry about remembering to turn it off). Thought the unit was clean overall.

Cons: This place needs a serious facelift on the inside. The hallways and carpet, as well as some of the furniture in the units looks shabby (and there were holes in the sofa and holes in the dining room chairs in our unit), the carpet in the units also looks somewhat dated. Needs more storage in the bedrooms!!!!! Was really cold in the unit initially: although 2 days into our stay, we asked for someone to fix this issue, as was partially fixed later that day. Did not think great value for the price paid (although fairly reasonable given the convenience of the location, and I guess not bad for Tahoe).

Spa was OK: not very impressed.

Enjoyed our stay overall, but next time we're in Tahoe we will likely end up staying elsewhere in North Tahoe.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank likestotravel2012
GenManager_11, General Manager at The Village At Squaw Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write up your experience. I am happy to hear that your overall experience was a good one. We currently are in the process of renovating our rooms and working with all our homeowners on this initiative. I strongly encourage you to come back when our renovation is complete to enjoy the newly upgraded rooms and an improved experience.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Pros- 1 bd condo was great quality. Came with a full kitchen, living room and heated floors in bathroom. It is located right in the village providing shops, dining and easy access to the gondolas and lifts. The slopes were great. Multiple restaurants on the mountain and a ski thru Starbucks which I put to good use.

Cons- village was loud Friday and Saturday night until 3am with people leaving the bars and deciding that yelling was fun to do. Earplugs could not drown this out. So if possible, I recommend that you request a room facing away from the village. There was no AC and even though it was ten degrees outside, our room felt to be eighty degrees. Opening our windows for a few minutes cooled the room quickly.

Overall, we had a great experience. We will definitely be back to stay a the Village at Squaw Valley.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Matt,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I must say, the ski-in-ski-out Starbucks is one of the best places to grab a coffee- especially since it is right on the mountain!

We do have quiet hours after 10pm each night and we ask that all of our tenants follow these guidelines. This is enforced by our security team to the best of their ability. I apologize that on this particular evening it was excessively loud.

Again, thank you for review and I look forward to seeing you back at The Village at Squaw Valley soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Just stayed in a 2 bedroom condo for a week with a work associate and I loved it! Our 2 bedroom condo was fabulous... Especially our french doors that opened to a big balcony, surrounded by the mountains. The staff were super friendly and helpful at every encounter. The condo was beautifully appointed with vaulted ceilings, heated stone floors in the bathrooms and nice linens. It was super spacious as well. It's also surrounded by good restaurants and bars in the Squaw VIllage. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us in February. I hope to see you back at The Village at Squaw Valley very soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed for a weekend over New Year's and was very disappointed by the experience.

The positives: perfect location, walk to lifts or any other amenity in the Village, convenient underground parking and friendly, helpful staff.

The suite itself was a tremendous disappointment. It was permeated by the stale smell of fried food, which I couldn't get rid of; there was a huge hole in the carpet; the TV remote didn't work; one of the burners on the stove didn't work; and overall the interior left alot to be desired. For $500 a night - I expected more.

Furthermore, having submitted this feedback both on their homepage, and in response to the email they sent me soliciting comments, I have heard nothing from the Resort. Not even an acknowledgement of my feedback. Very poor show.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julia B
GenManager_11, General Manager at The Village At Squaw Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Hello Julia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response and while it seems you did have some positive experiences, the condition of your suite was less than acceptable. We currently are renovating our rooms and working with all our homeowners on this initiative. There are different levels that each homeowner can do including everything from a full remodel to a required mattress and bedding upgrade only. I encourage you to come back and experience our upgraded rooms when they are complete either this May or next winter.

Please contact me directly the next time you would like to come so I can be sure to take good care of you. My email is cbeck@squaw.com. Again, I apologize for the lack of response; however I don’t recall seeing anything from you. If I missed it, I sincerely apologize and want you to know we take these responses very seriously and review with our staff regularly.