Olympic Village Inn
Resort at Squaw Creek(Olympic Valley)(Great Value!)
$235
$219
Very Good 4/5
Red Wolf Lodge at Squaw Valley(Olympic Valley)(Great Value!)
$226
$210
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
The Village At Squaw Valley(Olympic Valley)(Great Value!)
$224
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
Granlibakken Tahoe(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$191
$143
$84
Very Good 4/5
Basecamp Tahoe City(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$112
Very Good 4/5
Tamarack Lodge(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$129
Official Site
Great 4.5/5
Sunnyside Restaurant and Lodge(Tahoe City)(Great Value!)
$155
Very Good 4/5
PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn(Olympic Valley)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Great 4.5/5
Squaw Valley Lodge(Olympic Valley)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Very Good 4/5
All reviewswinter olympicssquaw valleyrecreation departmenttahoe citymemory foam mattresswater aerobicslocal historiantwo burner stovearcade roommultiple hot tubssnow shoeslarge heated pooltimeshare exchangerelaxing weekgas fire pitsmall balconyfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2011

i booked the accommodations through my mother's RCI Timeshare Exchange so my options were kind of limited, but the value was great.
all the front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful from the moment we checked in till check out. the suite we had was nothing too fancy but it definitely did the job. the bed was smaller than my queen size at home, but it was fine for valentine's day week. :)

with the entrance to the suite right at the bedroom, i thought that it might get loud with people walking in the hall outside, but we never woke up to that... and actually slept for a solid 8-hours (min.) every night!

yes, the decor is a bit dated, but it was to be expected since the place was built for the 1960s olympics and renovated in the 80s. it was kind of kitschy, down to the plastic wine glasses, but i liked it!

there are 5 hot tubs on the premises, and we used one almost every day after snowboarding for hours. the water was piping hot everyday, except for the last day. we played video games for FREE at their rec room - and my boyfriend dreamt of shooting aliens that night thanks to several free rounds of Area 51, haha.

the shuttle to squaw village is a quick 2-min ride, and the drivers are all polite and will wait for you. with such close proximity to the mountain, we never had to wait long for a shuttle in either direction.

with the 8ft of snow that dumped on us while we were there, we'd love to come back and see some sun!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bktrish
Reviewed February 8, 2011

We spent a week at Olympic Village - skiied at Squaw Valley for 5 days and had a great time. I'd read on other reviews that there was a bad odor in their room....we experienced that as well. I think it is their cleaning supplies - and it's pretty bad for the first 2 days but after that we got used to it and it didn't really bother us.
The rooms are were more spacious than some of the comments would lead me to believe - the bathroom was tiny, fortunately we weren't there for the bathroom. :) Skiing was great. They hadn't had snow in 4 weeks when we went but there was still plenty of good snow. The mountain groomed the slopes most every day and the skiing was excellent. Did I mention we had a blast?! I'd definitely recommend this hotel and area.
Favorite restuarant: the Irish Pub in the village.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JBTexas2000
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We came into Squaw Valley again after our day trip to Dodge Ridge and spent the new year holidays here at the Inn. It is an Inn. I am thinking to revise my review to Squaw Valley Lodge now. This place is very much old fashion lodge. It's dated and old alright. If you are looking for just couple nights stays, this might just be enough. If you are looking for resort like place, dont book this place. You will be disappointed. It's convenient to the slope with their shuttle runs every 5 mins to the front door of the village entrance,The room we stayed is #103 on the base floor with one bedroom and one pull out sofa at living room. I took some pictures of the room and thought let it speak itself.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank corrugatedbox
Reviewed December 26, 2010

This place used to be the housing for the Olympic athletes in the 1960 winter Olympics. Now it's one bedroom suites, with efficiency kitchen and truly comfortable sleeper sofa (memory foam mattress, no annoying bar underneath).
The toilet/tub area is dinky, yes, but the shower had 3 shower heads - excellent relaxation! The sink/dressing area connects the bedroom and other room, and is generous. I loved the kitchenette - up-to-date and so complete! There wasn't anything missing! Nice quality.
The decorating is sort of '80's, which makes it loook like the poorer cousin in the Squaw Valley - the others are new and glitzier - but the price is so much better. Love it!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank damman10
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My business associate owns a time share at the Olympic Village Inn. He could not make his stay, so he offered it to me instead. I traveled up there last minute, and was pleasantly surprised by what I found. It is a little gem of a hotel tucked away in the mountainside. Apparently, it was the quarters for many of the Olympic athletes at the time of the Olympics. The room itself was on the small side, but again very quaint. The balcony was perfect to sit out on and enjoy the mountain view while you sipped your morning coffee. The staff was extremely pleasant and very helpful. When I arrived at the hotel on Thursday night, I was tired and lost, but Kathryn, who was at the front desk was very helpful. One of the highlights of my stay was taking one of the hotel's free bikes out for a ride down the beautiful bike bath along the squaw river. I normally hate bike riding, but this was one of the most beautiful bike rides I had ever seen. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quaint place to stay far removed from it all.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple