“Beautiful Area”

$50.00*
and up
Lake Tahoe Circle Tour Including Squaw Valley
More attraction details
Owner description: Famous ski area with Olympic memories.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The ski area speaks for itself if you come during ski season. During the summer there is a great golf course and stable. There are a number of restaurants and bars open all year round.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I wasn't there for skiing but to watch the Alpine Championships. If your interested in ski competitions, whether you ski or not, Squaw valley is a great place to see some of the best go at it on a slope previously used in an Olympics. The weather was beautiful for four out of the five days, first day was postponed due to heavy snows, and the people and atmosphere were great. Nearby restaurants and shops have a variety of food and items available. I look forward to visiting again.

Short 1 minute video of some of the competition that I shot with my cell phone.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

They kept Granite Chief closed for some odd reason even though it was the best snow on the mountain. While wind was quoted, I think everyone knew it was staff related instead. I'm sure they lose money in years like this one and probably are looking to limit their exposure where they can.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I cannot even begin to describe how disappointed I was by Squaw. As a hardcore, avid skier, I had always heard about how great Squaw was. I guess times change. Granted the snow was horrible, which they cannot control, but I was under the impression that the awful conditions were not uncommon. While weather is not controllable, things like attitude, lodging conditions, and the like are. This is where the wheel came off. The mountain staff was rude - I asked lifty's and ski instructors questions and was essentially ignored or told off. This is completely unnecessary. Random lifts on the mountain were closed for no reason, or, worse yet, broken with no notice leaving me stranded to take a bus back to the mountain base. The city is old and tired, living off its past Olympic glory. Town was completely deserted at night, actually depressingly so. I stayed at what is considered the "high end" condo/resort and was really disappointed. The condo looked like it had not been renovated since the 70's (at best). The "ski in-ski out" advertising was really misleading, unless you consider walking a quarter-mile up a hill (after banging your skis and poles through the condo complex since there is no ski storage) to be ski in-ski out. The final straw was this, and I know it is petty, what ski town in America has no t-shirt shop? I wanted to take a souvenir home for the kids and literally could find nothing. My only conclusion from this is that tourists stay far away from this place, and you should too.

4  Thank Steven S
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Snow was pretty good for spring skiing. I haven't skied in the Tahoe area for 30 years. Nice to be back.

1  Thank Happytraveler462