“Something for everybody”

$50.00*
and up
Lake Tahoe Circle Tour Including Squaw Valley
More attraction details
Owner description: Famous ski area with Olympic memories.
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Something for everybody”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I skied here two days, and really liked it. There's plenty of terrain variety. I like groomed blues, and they are off almost every lift, so you can go over the whole mountain with a little planning, and not worry you'll get into something you can't get out of. We liked it all, but be sure to also head far left and get to squaw creek chair. It sits among a lot of black runs, but there are a couple really nice blue runs, too, Lake View, and Champs Elysees that are definitely worth seeing. The view of Lake Tahoe is beautiful from Lake View run. We had a professional who stays there take our picture. I'm glad we did as now we have a 8 x 10 to show off.

Chicago, Illinois
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“I was a bit surprised”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Skiing here. I've heard about squaw valley since I was very young, probably did to the Olympics. As this is my first trip to Tahoe I skied SV the fisrst day.

One note, I ski quite a bit and in many states. SV is an okay area but not one that I'd go out of my way to revisit. The runs are shorter than I'm accustomed to (less vertical) and when you merge into groomed areas... Oh my gosh look out! There are skiers EVERYWHERE and the young ski bums fly through at high speed, it's dangerous. I would not bring my young kids here to ski.

For the advanced skier the terrain is good but nothing noteworthy. Heavenly Valley blows it away for views, blacks and double blacks.

1 Thank Jad16
San Diego, CA
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“OVER PRICED, several chairlifts closed for no reason, not good for kids, lazy employees.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Imagine spending $165 to take you and your kid to Disneyland and finding half the rides closed for no reason. Well this is basically what we found skiing here President's Day week. They had about 7 chairlifts closed. I asked an employee why, and he said that it was too windy up top. This is baloney as it was warm, sunny, and zero wind. I later found out through another employee, that they hire slackers and several of them don't show up for work, so they can't open the lifts or some B.S. This place is a total RIP OFF also. Mammoth Mt. charges $79 for adults and $30 for kids and is like 5 times bigger than Squaw (and all high-speed chairs, cheaper food, better snow, and excellent service there). Squaw has the gaul to charge $106 for adults and $58 for kids. RIP-OFF!!!! They are riding on the "glory" that they hosted the Olympics... and that was 53 years ago. Many of the runs aren't that good, too steep for kids or cat tracks. We couldn't ski the top because they were too lazy to open the lifts. Only 3 toilets at the "gondola" station at top (there were 20 women in line). I would NOT suggest Squaw for kids at all. It is just OK if you are an expert skier-Heavenly and Alpine Meadows were way better. They also have a Squaw photographer who takes photos, and when we approached him, he was blowing cigarette smoke in our faces. The place has a 1980s feel to it-not enough high speed chairlifts! Many of the employees are not professional at all.

New Haven, Connecticut
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great place...”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

While there, we had 50 degree weather during the day and 25's at night. It made some slopes quite hard (but not Vermont-style ice) the next day but overall, we thought the grooming crew did a good job. Pretty good skiing and it is huge but all of the greens are up mid mountain and most of the blues. I do wish that the trails were marked slightly better, especially on the back of the mountain.
Black diamond and double blue slopes will please experts and the bunny slopes and beginner runs will please the kiddos. Siberia bowl was fantastic as well as Emigrant bowl. There are plenty of signs at the top of the slopes that read "Easiest Way Down" so new skiers can feel comfortable. There was a catch. The easiest way down form K22 was bumped-up blue slope, so it was not for beginners at all and not ‘Easiest Way Down’
For lesser crowd and better slopes, I would suggest take ‘Big Blue’ or ‘Emigrant’ chair to the top and go straight to the back of the mountain. Some lifts are outdated and slow.

San Diego, California
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Not That Great”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Squaw has gorgeous views and is a huge place but other than that I don't get it. It's crowded and they hardly groom anything there. Six inches of snow yesterday and it was like push piles with crust underneath everywhere. Using skiers as groomers is not grooming! It's a confusing resort with many hotheads skiing way out of control with no staff standing at the SLOW signs to make skiers slow down. In the lines it's every skier for themselves. Many trying to cut or even push their way to the front. They need more staff to control these issues. Going back to Northstar tomorrow :)