“Head Swooning!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Olema
Roundstone Farm Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Olema B&B and Inns
JOHNSTOWN
“Head Swooning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I'm re-writing my review as the first one I guess wasn't long enough or contained the right info. Well, try #2. Roundstone is an excellent B&B settled in the country with enough thinge to do that are close at hand to make your head swoon. Frank was a great help and extremely knowledgable of the local sights, sounds, flaura and fauna. Nearby Point Reyes will keep you busy for weeks let alone days. My visit unfortunately was too short to absorb everything.

Roundstone, as stated, is excellent. The room was 1st class and the breakfast teriffic to start the day. Try it, you'll like it!

Room Tip: Just go there and you'll get a good room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ANDREW S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Francisco, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a very quaint B&B in Olema. The Vision room was large, clean, and had a very comfortable bed. Frank, our host, cooked us a delicious breakfast, gave us some hints for activities in the area, and imparted some birding knowledge on us all before 9a.m.!
Quaint

The B&B is walking distance from the few restaurants in Olema, and a short drive from Point Reyes Station and Tomales Bay.

I highly recommend the Roundstone Farm, and I would stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Davis, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We enjoyed a three day weekend at the Roundstone Farm B & B Inn, using it as a home base to visit West Marin and as a place to crash, rest and read. We couldn't have been more satisfied. Though the furnishings in our room were a bit dated, yet too new to be considered vintage or antique, its above-average cleanliness really stood out. Providing a manufactured log in our bedroom fireplace was a nice, added touch. We enjoyed the delicious, communal breakfast and conversation, hosted by Frank, the owner, chef and resident raconteur. Furthermore, the view from the living room and adjacent deck is beautiful. After tuckering ourselves hiking one day, the next we read in the living room to relax and enjoy the lovely view. We'd definitely return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a lovely well kept house with beautiful grounds. The host, Frank, is in the house next door but is ever available and full of information about the area. The location is a few minutes from the Point Reyes Visitor Centre, a great starting point. Frank's breakfast are pretty simple: one seating at 8:30, you get what you are served, no choices but we enjoyed everything. Even got Frank's recipe for German Apple Pancakes. We did not ask but I expect you can help yourself to food if you want to get an early start.
You have access to a nice stocked kitchen. We stored our picnic items in the fridge and got takeout one night and ate on the deck with a beautiful view of the sunset and gardens. Bird watching is a treat at Roundstone as well! We would go back for sure

Room Tip: We had the pond room which was lovely, but in hindsight I would request a higher room - the Pond roo...
1 Thank leapn
Joshua Tree, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I would recommend Roundstone Farm to my friends! Excellent location for exploring Point Reyes. Very comfortable, spacious, and quiet. I stayed in the Ridge Room and had excellent views of the hills as well as Tomales Bay which starts about 2 miles down the valley. The house was built specifically as a B&B, so the bedrooms in this split level, hillside house are not right next to each other. Full size bathroom, fireplace in the room. Fresh, hot, breakfast was excellent! Frank, the owner, was warm, welcoming, and very knowledgeable about the area. Watched the sunset over the ridge from the hot tub--so relaxing!

San Mateo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Everything was great. NIce clean romantic room, a deck to enjoy our wine, a hot tub to relax in. Very quiet. Nice tasty breakfast. Wonderful host. He had wonderful local knowledge, and maintained a beautiful bird friendly garden. What more could you ask for?

folsom, california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I should say upfront that I don't generally like B&B's because I prefer the anonymity of hotels. However, the accomodations are very limited in Pt. Reyes and that is where our family decided was a good location for a reunion. We booked all 5 rooms, so we had the inn all to ourselves. I was pleasantly surprised about how easy and perfect it was for us. Frank is a really nice guy and a great breakfast cook, and he was very unobtrusive but pleasant. The rooms were all comfortable and clean. The common areas had beautiful views and were comfortable to relax in. I don't know how I would have felt if we were there with people we didn't know- it might feel a bit like forced intimacy since there is one large dining table where you are served breakfast, and one large living space where you can hang out if you don't want to be in your room. Be sure to bring a bathing suit- the spa has an amazing view! The location was wonderful, walking distance to the little town of Olema and a short drive to beautiful Pt. Reyes hikes and beaches. We stayed in the Vision room which is the only bedroom on one side of the house and has a cot designed for a child in it along with a double bed. This would be a perfect room for someone with a child- since you could have your child in the room with you and not disturb the other guests on the other side of the house.
The only negatives: uncomfortable pillows and LOUD bullfrogs at night that kept me awake
The rest of our group did not find the bullfrogs bothersome, but I am a light sleeper and it sounded like sleeping with someone snoring next to me. Of course, there is nothing that can be done about that, but I was glad I had an app on my phone that provided me with white noise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olema
The Lodge at Point Reyes
#1 of 2 in Point Reyes Station
Ten Inverness Way
Ten Inverness Way
#4 of 10 in Inverness

Been to Roundstone Farm Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!