“Decent food and service”
Review of Farm House

Farm House
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Olema
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I ordered the cheese plate and some oysters. The oysters looked like someone hacked away at them and someone decided to serve them chopped up. The presentation is as important as the flavor... is a part of the $18.00 six oyster price! The cheese plate was just the opposite. Good cheeses paired well that provided many flavors and combinations to be enjoyed. Staff was pleasant. I am not used to Cali prices... But this place was a ways out and still seemed to be a little high for the food of our group. It would have been more enjoyable if the person who plates would have had them focus on the oyster presentation instead of squeezing profit for the day... Unless $18.00 is the going rate for 6 small chopped up oysters in Cali.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stopped here on our way through the area. It took a while to get our food and the waitress brought the wrong order for me. When I pointed this out, she looked at me like she didn't believe me. My correct order came very quickly. The grilled oysters were excellent and my boyfriend said it was the best fish & chips he's ever had, but my crab sandwich was mediocre and the clam chowder was decent. We had 4 different people coming by to take dirty dishes, bring our food, refill drinks, etc. which made me wonder what the waitress was doing-the place wasn't very busy at the time. To top it off, when the check FINALLY came, I noticed I had been charged for a side item that should've been included with the meal, not as a side (it's noted on the menu!). Rather than wait for goodness knows how much longer to try to get that corrected and risk yet another scathing look from our waitress, I merely deducted that amount from her tip, which wasn't generous to begin with due to her terrible service. The food/drinks were way overpriced, especially when combined with bad service and long waiting times.

1  Thank Katkra
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Service is ok. Food so and so. The patio is nice, but the inside area is poor. Too expensive for what it offers. Check Stellina in Point Reyes Station or Saltwater in Inverness instead.

1  Thank Andrea A
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My sister & I ran across this place on our way back from Zip lining last weekend. So glad we did! They have indoor, outdoor & bar seating. We sat at the bar so we could watch the Giants game. We ordered clam chowder & a wedge salad. I work in San Francisco once a week & have had clam chowder in many places, but this is the best I have EVER had! The salad was great, drinks were really good & the service was fast. Will be going back, for sure!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

As there were little offerings in Pt. Reyes, we ate at the Farm House more than once. The service was incredibly slow, and when they forgot to bring us our soup after a half an hour, the waiter said quite sarcastically that the manager said he'd got it to us. The impression was that he didn't believe us that we hadn't received it. The food was ok--oysters were quite good--but the dessert was burnt. We were offered a free dessert as a result of the misunderstanding with the soup, but they charged us for it anyway. After almost two hours of waiting for food and service, we paid the entire bill and left no tip, with an explanation of why with our email. No one contacted us. I guess they figure that since they're pretty much the only game in town, they can treat customers poorly. We don't recommend this place and won't return in the future.

1  Thank Alycia76