“disorganized; little concern for customer”
Review of Farm House

Farm House
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Olema
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sacramento, California
“disorganized; little concern for customer”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

As there were little offerings in Pt. Reyes, we ate at the Farm House more than once. The service was incredibly slow, and when they forgot to bring us our soup after a half an hour, the waiter said quite sarcastically that the manager said he'd got it to us. The impression was that he didn't believe us that we hadn't received it. The food was ok--oysters were quite good--but the dessert was burnt. We were offered a free dessert as a result of the misunderstanding with the soup, but they charged us for it anyway. After almost two hours of waiting for food and service, we paid the entire bill and left no tip, with an explanation of why with our email. No one contacted us. I guess they figure that since they're pretty much the only game in town, they can treat customers poorly. We don't recommend this place and won't return in the future.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Alycia76

• Korean first
Sonora, California, United States
“Change of Management!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We have been going to this restaurant for over 40 years since it was known as Jerry's Farmhouse Inn. Recently planned to visit with a party of 7 involving 4 separate checks. No problem. Then told there was a change of management and they will take multiple credit cards, cash, or checks but will provide one bill and we have to figure out who owes what. This in an indication that as long as they get paid they don't care about hassle to the customer. Maybe the new management received an MBA somewhere. You know, screw the customer, screw the public, outsource, whatever achieves the best bottom line. Well you know what? There are other equally good restaurants in the area that will provide individual checks no matter the number. The bottom line for the resrtaurant should be not figuring maximum efficiency of waiters but how to get repeat customers. Bottom line for us is we are going elsewhere.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Edfer
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Cooking, Great Value”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Intuitive service. Best BBQ oysters in the area, bar none. Great homemade soup. Delightful desserts. Really good cooking. Surprise gourmet in a rustic setting. Full bar service and there's a big country bar there. More of a favorite, since the Olema Inn across the street recently closed.

Visited July 2012
Corona, California
“Best Hamburger I have ever eaten!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

On an 1800 mile Harley Davidson ride through California, my buddies and I stopped for the night at the Point Reyes Seashore Lodge. We sat at the bar at the Farmhouse and ordered burgers and fries. Now I have eaten alot of burgers in my 48 years, but this was the best burger I have ever eaten. Everything seemed to be fresh and grown locally and the quality of the beef was amazing.The manager insisted we try this sauce called "Sartains the Sauce" on our burgers and on the fries, it was awesome. I even ended up ordering a couple of cases of the sauce and had it shipped to me. The service was very good and I wanted to let people know that they should give it a try. Out of all the places we stopped and ate over our 7 day journey this is the one that made its' impression on me. We plan on staying there again next year. Happy travels!

• Visited May 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Convenient lunch before exploring area”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I recently stopped here for lunch prior to hiking Point Reyes National Seashore trails. He had the clam chowder which he said was good. He had the reuben sandwich which he also enjoyed. I had the oyster po' boy which was overflowing with fried Drakes Bay oysters. We enjoyed our meal. He had a Red Rocket Ale, and then asked about another beer, so our waiter brought him a sample in a little plastic beer mug. My husband enjoyed it so he ordered a full size Lagunitas L'il Sumpin' Sumpin'. Filled our bellies which we then walked off that afternoon.

• Visited June 2012