“Get rid of some old menu items”
Review of JJ's Cafe

JJ's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: At JJ's, we bake our own breads, pastries, pies, cookies, and more. We cure our own corned beef and smoke our own pastrami and pulled pork. Our burgers are made from a 1/2 lb of locally-grown, grass-fed Black Angus and served on a fresh-baked bun. Come on up and join us. You won't go away hungry!
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Great improvement over previous owner, however they should get rid of some of the old menu items like the 'fries' with the skins on. Uncle Runts used to have the best french fries in whole world. The half pound burgers at JJ's are really short of a half pound, but most delicious. A half
pound should be a half pound- big! Wish they had some Starbuck's organic coffee to go with the organic beef, it can't be beat for taste. Great people, great service, great location, great view, great quality food, especially the organic beef. Just needs a few little changes. wonderful family
atmosphere. Good deserts too!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

While enjoying our annual camping trip on our way to Lassen Park we stopped for breakfast at JJ's
Cafe in Old Station, CA on highway 89. We had avoided the place for the past several years because the food was just ok and the prices seemed too high. All that has changed for the better under new ownership. This time around the food was tasty, well prepared and reasonably priced. The delicious pastries and breads are baked on site. The service is cheerful and there is now an attractive outdoor dining option on the patio. We will certainly return the next time we are in the Hat Creek/Old Station area.

1  Thank ursourco
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We had lunch at JJ's yesterday while driving thru Old Station on a road trip. We had the BBQ Pulled Pork and the BBQ Burger (new on the menu!!) and both were Excellent. Anne's homemade coleslaw was amazing (and I am picky about coleslaw) :-) We had brownie's and cookies - great desserts as well. We got a homemade pizza to go to have for dinner tonight (kept in cooler overnight just fine) so we are looking forward to a wonderful dinner as we move into a new house today in CA. JJ's will be a regular stop for us. Old Station was a beautiful place and JJ's a great place to eat. We are looking forward to spending some of our summer in Old Station (we will now live only 3 hours away) and will definitely be having our meals at JJ's! The view from the outside eating area is amazing too!

1  Thank Cameron P
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My family and I had driven past this place a few times and finally stopped for a bite the last time we passed through. It was so wonderful and at reasonable prices. I just couldn't believe it was in the middle of no where.

The service was great and the place was clean and pleasant so I felt good about stopping. But when I took a bite of my food, WOW. The whole family was happy with their meal (which is amazing in itself). Everything was homemade including the sandwich bun. The quality was great and our items were cooked just as we requested. I can't go on enough.

Any time I go past I will make time to stop.

This place was so good that I ate there in October and it is January. Life has been crazy, but I remembered to take some time to go back and write this review because I was so impressed.

1  Thank Gaiadeva
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We randomly stopped here and we were so happy we did; they were very friendly and the food was extremely good (great value for money). Everything is home made and prepared à-la-minute. If you passing by you should definitely consider stopping at JJ's.