“Good value, food ok.”

Il Giardino Ristorante
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Not so easy to find a place where you can share one diner (Chicken Picatta, came with a salad), get a free desert (check for the coupon on the Ojai Valley Directory) and pay less than 15 dollars. The staff has always been nice with us and we have never been disappointed. The food here is similar to what you will cook at home, that is a plus for me! Great tiramisu and nice sandwiches for lunch. One of our favorites when we want to spend less than 20 bucks and have a fulfilling meal.

There are newer reviews for Il Giardino Ristorante

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Excellent minestrone soup made w fresh vegetables. Try the pesto pasta or Mediterranean Chicken salad. Yum!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is a delicious restaurant with a complicated menu of Italian titles. The Crème Brule is excellent and comes in a large, easily shared by 2 or more portion. The restaurant gets loud when crowded and it is hard to hear across the table. We had multiple servers at our table for water, clearing, taking orders... they were either all new or just unprofessional. They were nice but didn't fit with how fancy the restaurant tries to be.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food was fine, not gourmet, but it was reasonably priced and suited our table of 8. We sat outside and enjoyed the "views
of people and comings and goings and all in all it was was expected.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

An out of the blue pick on a road trip to Ojai and we were not disappointed. I had the Greek chicken sandwich which had a tomato slice. As usual, I picked it off and set it aside. Much to my surprise it looked fresh and not the usual untomato-like slab found on most sandwiches. I cut it up and ate it - very good and indeed fresh. My traveling companion's Ojai Salad had NO iceberg, only fresh garden greens and lots of seasonal fresh fruit.

Service was a bit slow, but the waitress arrived with a cup of meatball soup as an apology. NOt only have I never had that happen, but the soup was fabulous.

BTW, the smell when you walk in is wonderful and they bake their own bread which was served warm. I'll be back to try the pasta.

2  Thank bin2oz