“Garden Terrace is a terrific restaurant”
Review of Garden Terrace - CLOSED

Garden Terrace
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Ojai, CA
“Garden Terrace is a terrific restaurant”
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I'm a neighbor and depend on the pat's tasty meals to tide me over after a long day. The patio is a very pleasant place to enjoy a warm ojai evening. And the remodeled dining room is now elegant. What a pleasure to have this restaurant nearby.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank ojaitraveler77

Somerset
“Pretty but pricey for what you get”
Reviewed August 21, 2010

The location is what makes this restaurant worth a visit as it is lovely both inside and out on the terrace. The menu is quite fancy, so not a place for kids who like more traditional food. And the cooking was a bit disappointing in the end for the price we paid. My son's Creme Brulee was tough and overcooked, and my stir fry with ginger was just a bit boring. Between three of us we had a salad, two main courses and two puds which with wine came to $100 which was a bit steep really. We were there on a quiet night and were pretty much the last there with the waitress locking up while we were still at our table.

Los Angeles, California
“Empty for a reason”
Reviewed May 27, 2010

The waitress that served us was extremely rude and felt bothered by having to serve us even though there was only one other patron at the time. The food was not fresh. My spouse had an upset stomach after the meal. I also did not feel well for a few days after eating here. The atmosphere felt very tense and uncomfortable. The best thing about it was ,there was no wait but in hind sight I would have rather spent the time waiting for a table at Azu and having a great meal with great service than the bad taste that was left in my mouth.

Los Angeles
“Bad service”
Reviewed July 5, 2009

The food was alright but the service terrible. It seemed like there were only two waitresses. A good one and and a bad one. We got the bad one. I think they plan on keeping the bad one. The manager came over and took are order and explained how busy the server was. Even though there were only about five tables with people and Two people to take care of them. Also as a side note I had the worst cappuccino ever there. It was the only part of order the waitress took and it took about ten minutes to arrive with no foam. Today we went to Suzanne's Cuisine. Great service, food and they can handle cappuccino.

1 Thank vacation123123
Ojai, CA
“Best cuisine and best value”
Reviewed May 16, 2009

This is the best food in town! The atmosphere is relaxed and the food is excellent! The terrace has a garden atmosphere with pleasant view of the mountains and the golf course. Try the Ahi, the Nicoise, or any of the chef's specials. They have the best desserts and the best soups! I've never had even an average meal...they've all been exceptional. Even their hamburgers are great because they make their own buns and their own potato, yam and beet chips! Their shrimp and feta pizza is fab!

1 Thank DreamWeddings1