“I have mixed feelings about this restaurant”
Review of Agave Maria's

Agave Maria's
Ranked #11 of 97 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We have a great outdoor patio shaded with colorful umbrellas, as well as covered patio and indoor seating. Call us to book your next event
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We love Mexican food (prefer it on the mild side) and our hotel host recommended Agave Maria's, so we were excited to try it.
It was a little cool outside (they have a huge dining patio), so we chose to eat inside. First impression...not the cleanest eating establishment I've ever been to. We were greeted by our server and drinks were brought quickly, as were chips (seemed a little stale?) and salsa (really good...mild).
We ordered a couple combo places (tri tip and carnitas tacos, cheese enchiladas verde). The refried beans (vegetarian...no lard) were amazing, the rice was okay. The tri tip taco was good, but the carnitas taco was dry. The cheese enchilada ended up being a chicken taco (cooks error), but finding our waitress to correct this was impossible. We thought she'd fallen off the face of the earth. Finally another waitress took pity and made sure we weren't charged for the chicken "upgrade". We had to wait quite a while for the check (I know Ojai is a laid back kind of town, but come on!) and then, as we're about to leave, she finally asked if we'd like refills on our soft drinks. Really?
Believe it or not, I'd give Agave Maria's another chance on our next trip to Ojai. Their Fajitas looked amazing!

There are newer reviews for Agave Maria's

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Its my weekly choice! If its just the two of you or a large party they are there to serve you! Great food, great spirits, excellent salmon! Love the salsa!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We walked to Agave Maria's from the Emerald Iguana where we were staying. We were in the mood for Mexican food and they fif not dissapoint. We had a nice table outside and the service was fine. Chips and Salsa were great as were the margaritas. I had the Lime and my husband had the Cadillac. Both of us ordered combo plates and I subbed mine with an option of Tri Tip. Phenomenal. A few local patrons brought their dogs along and they were enjoying lounging under the tables. Loved seeing that!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

20 min before even receiving a menu at lunch. Walked by us as if we were not even there. Terrible device.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

While on a motorcycle trip up the coast I decided to ride a nice mountain hwy (33) this will take you to Ojai. I decided to have lunch due to the very welcoming patio.
Here is a quick overview:
Service - acceptable
Food - at or above average
Chip & Salsa - very good
Margaritas - very good as well
Overall a good if not great place for lunch :)

Been to Agave Maria's? Share your experiences!