“Very nice food in a mostly open air restaurant.”
Review of Agave Maria's

Agave Maria's
Ranked #10 of 97 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We have a great outdoor patio shaded with colorful umbrellas, as well as covered patio and indoor seating. Call us to book your next event
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Living in New Mexico makes me a bit jaded concerning "Mexican" restaurants; but this one ws very good.

Loved the food although a tad pricey.

During a warmer evening the open airness of the building would have been good; infortunately it was a bit cilly inside (we weren't seated in the heated patio).

There are newer reviews for Agave Maria's

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

When visiting in Ojai, I asked several people where they like to eat. After hearing a Agave Maria several times, this is where we went for lunch. The waitress was exceptionally pleasant and prompt. My sister really enjoyed her shrimp salad. And a bonus, it was huge! I had a tamale, a la carte, that was actually only so-so. There was a red sauce all over it, covering the whole plate, that I didn't really care for. It was a chile cheese tamale, my favorite, but the cheese wasn't soft and gooey, the way I like it. I also ordered a side of grilled vegetables which were delicious. Food and iced tea for 2 was just over $23. I would definitely go there again, but try something else on the menu. I'd really like to sit in the cozy booth in the front outside patio, right next to a lovely.

1  Thank AmeliaAirheart
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The server did the math for us, "Why not a pitcher? It's only $36 and you're already getting three $10 margaritas, so if you only want one more, you'll be money ahead!" So we went for it and, of course, downed the whole thing. The nachos and salsa were scrumptious--we'll have to come back for a full meal next time!

1  Thank Catherine_of_Fallbrk
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Okay, I get that this is a casual/tourist spot, but I've been there 3 times now, and I just want the service to be better!!!! The ambience is pretty; the walk to downtown afterwards is beautiful, but the people that work there? blech! I had to ask for water about 5 times, and by the 5th time, my Husband just got up with his glass and walked inside and had the bartender fill the dang glass. The duck quesadilla is so good - that really is the reason we went back (and back...and back). The next time we make it to Ojai, we will go there when we are in a PATIENT mood.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We enjoyed the ambiance of this restaurant. The food was about average Mexican food. Good salsa and ok Margaritas. The staff was very friendly. Not sure if I would go back. I would stop by for a drink since it was a very pretty place.