“The Place to Be”

Agave Maria's
Ranked #11 of 98 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We have a great outdoor patio shaded with colorful umbrellas, as well as covered patio and indoor seating. Call us to book your next event
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Everyone visited Agave Maria's during the Ojai. Good food and good service.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We discovered this restaurant just off the main street in the pretty town of Ojai. We went for lunch on a beautiful sunny day in March. They have a beautiful and large outdoor patio. The server was delightful and helpful. She suggested their in-season "Pixie-rita". This is a marguerita made with Patron tequila and the locally grown Ojai Pixie...a tiny mandarin-like fruit bursting with flavour. It was delicious! We enjoyed the skirt steak salad and also the chicken salad in a tortilla shell with black bean. Both were fabulous. All the plates going by looked great too! All the staff was very pleasant and service was prompt.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Nice location, decor, cozy patio, good food. But on a weekday I was there, service was a little slow.

1  Thank AdvisingOlya
Reviewed March 2, 2012

This place was recommended to us by the Ojai Valley Inn. My fiance and I were on a weekday get away and we were looking for a place to have a good Mexican dinner. We arrived on a nice quiet Tuesday night, we were sat right away at a nice corner table. Had chips and salsa right away. Both my fiance and I had the pixie margarita( delicious). Our waitress Melina was very helpful and attentive. I asked her for a recommendation on the menu and she said the Chile relleno and the asada especial. My fiance and I took her advice and ordered both. We were very pleased with our meals they were both very tasteful. I asks my waitress for a side of jalapenos and she asked grilled or raw(grilled was amazing). The patio was very nice and warm with the heaters great for our romantic weekday get away. Our server Melina was the best the icing on top of the cake for this get away. She was friendly, attentive, she never said no to us. We almost wanted to take her home for our personal maid (hehe)
We will be returning to Agave Maria soon.

3  Thank PeteJenLafarga
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We had a lovely dinner at Agave Maria's. A few of the hotel guests raved about it -- so we decided to go and check it out for ourselves. It lived up to the high praise. The outside patio is charming (would be lovely during the day), but we sat indoors since it was a little chilly. Went to the restaurant on a Saturday night, and it was busy but the service was very good. Great selection of margaritas, fresh warm chips and salsa were just what we needed after a long day of travel. The food was very good - and well priced. A nice kids menu as well.

2  Thank Sunnymom2000

Been to Agave Maria's? Share your experiences!