“Breakfest very good will try lunch too.”

Bonnie Lu's Country Cafe
Ranked #2 of 96 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Bakersfield, Ca
“Breakfest very good will try lunch too.”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Downtown Ojai, small but cute inside. Waitress was friendly and helpfull. Breakfest was a recommendation from a local who we met so I ordered the eggs benedict with their sausage gravy. It was different but I believe I like it better than the usual hollandise sauce. Next time we will try lunch.

• Visited November 2013

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Like my Mom's kitchen!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Good food and super friendly servers- retro decor and reasonable prices!! I'd go again anytime..Breakfast time and though busy not terrible slow...made my hash browns crispy as requested, and did it as I would have - by turnng them over and cooking!! Nummy!

• Visited October 2013
Miami, FL
“Music at breakfast? Lively start to the day.”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

What a concept. It appears that there's a rockabilly/bluegrass 4 piece band which plays in the front corner of the restaurant every other Sunday. The place was buzzing even without the enjoyable music - we waited on the peaceful courtyard benches out back for counter space to free up, sipping so-so coffee which started the second guessing of dining at Bonnie Lu's. Not to worry - the food was quite fine, on two separate occasions. I appreciate the menu variety and especially the ability to get a flavorful 1 egg breakfast (instead of picking and choosing from the sides). The sausage gravy had chunks of sausage and was plenty packed with pepper. Recommended, and especially so with the banjo pickin'.

• Visited October 2013
Ventura, CA
“Love It.”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I discovered Bonnie Lu's over a year ago while shopping along the Main Drag in Ojai. We were treated extremely well and found the Down Home Cooking to hit the spot. We live about 20 miles from there, but make it a point to travel to Ojai just to go to Bonnie Lu's (shopping is now 2nd on the agenda). Often, we take friends just so they can experience the place. French Dip, Rubens, Monte Christo, and more.... all good. Hear that their breakfasts are exceptional, but haven't tried them...yet. The owner(Bonnie Lu's daughter) is friendly and accommodating.. This is truly a fun place to kick back and enjoy. (Check the operating hours before you go... they close a little early 7a-2:30p)

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Great Place to Relax”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I love diners/lunch counters/local hangouts and I love places where I can come in alone and not feel unwelcome. I went in for lunch on a weekday afternoon. The food is great; the service is friendly and I spent an hour or so at the counter reading the paper, people watching and just generally enjoying myself. Can't wait to go back to try breakfast based on the reviews here!

Visited November 2012

Been to Bonnie Lu's Country Cafe? Share your experiences!