“Consistenly good breakfast and lunch.”

Bonnie Lu's Country Cafe
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 14, 2012

They have great toys for the kids and funny drink containers for kids too. Basic diner food, but good quality.

2  Thank ColoradoLover65

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Bonnie Lu's Country Cafe is small, quaint and clean. Service was good, but the food was average. My hubby & I came for lunch. I had French Toast and it came with a side of sliced fruit. My husband had the trip-tip sandwich, which came with potato chips. Meal portions were nice sized.

2  Thank LisaandRod93013
Reviewed December 27, 2011

The most horrible restaurant experience we've ever had. I went there for the first time with my son and daughter-in-law visiting from out of town on Christmas Eve morning and only because Cafe Emporium was closed.

Unfriendly staff, food was ok if we could get our order right. We had to send back my husband's Veggie Benedict back since it had Hollandaise sauce all over it when he specifically ordered it without the sauce. The waitress gave him an attitude when my husband brought it to her attention. We ordered buckwheat pancakes but were served buttermilk pancakes. The most awful thing was when my husband ate a bite of his veggie Benedict with a string of hair in it and had to pull it out of his mouth which disgusted us all. My husband was very upset as we all were and the owner came to our table accusing me of purposely putting the hair in my husband's plate yelling and insultingly asked us to leave "her restaurant". We got up and left because it was Xmas Eve day and we didn't want to make a scene even though the manager's rudeness was absolutely unacceptable.

We are a very respectable family. I actually work in one of the largest businesses in Ojai as a manager and never expected such a lousy customer service especially from a restaurant in a community like Ojai.

So here's 10 thumbs down for the Bonnie Lu's Country Cafe.

2  Thank moorell
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I've tried most of them, this place is the real deal. Faux nothing. Straight ahead local place that also caters to visitors. Well located, typical breakfast fare. Never had any other meals there though, so can't comment.

1  Thank Arlo3k
Reviewed December 3, 2011

The food was okay but nothing special. My friend's toast and bacon were both over cooked and what was advertised as fresh orange juice wasn't. To make the meal a little less relaxing, the grandkids of one of the staff were running around the whole time.

If you just want a simple breakfast - nothing special - Bonnie Lu's is okay.