“Excellent World Class Accomodiation!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ojai Valley Inn & Spa

Ojai Valley Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Fullerton
“Excellent World Class Accomodiation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2007

Excellent and over the top accomodiation. My husband and I stayed here for two days. We were attending a friend's wedding at a nearby lodge. We paid extra for an upgrade from regular Shagri room to a suite with a fireplace. It was so worth it. The room is huge and the service is over the top. Whenever we requested for something our requests were meet within only a few minutes. We have stayed at other first class hotels before but this one is truely the best and is really a first class all the way. We will return with our children next time. It is spectacular and again everything was perfect. Thank you Ojai Valley Inn and Spa for making our weekend a truely memorable experience.

Stayed September 2007
3 Thank familyminded

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2007

Everything in this hotel is just perfect.

• Liked — great place, quiet, beautiful gardens, great breakfast
  • Disliked — everything is perfect
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank erikaW1397PD
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2007

If you are not too sure whether to book here or not, DO! I am still amazed at what a lovely piece of paradise we found for 3 nights. The setting, ambiance and helpful, kind staff made this experience what it is! Top notch fitness facilites and the pool are areas to die for. If you want to be spolied, you must stay at Ojai.

• Liked — The balcony setting and the desgin, cleanliness of the room, attention to detail was excellent
  • Disliked — Nowt
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2007

I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked - as we got a 'regular' room but - WOW! When I think 5 star - this is it. The room was huge! Luxurious bedding, soft bed - huge tub, separate shower. The bathroom area was half the room. There were chairs and table outside the room to sit and look at the hills - I thought - no way do I sit outside a room but - again - incredible views, quiet - beautiful. The grounds were incredibly landscaped with flowering plants, meticulously maintained. We had spa treatments and they were very good. I had a scrub and my husband a 'deep tissue' massage. He said his was great - usually he's just so-so when it comes to spa stuff. The scrub was just right - not to rough - not too soft - got all that dead skin off and rubbed with oil/lotion. The food/restaurants were delicious and reasonable. I would absolutely go again - peaceful and relaxing. There's not much to do in town - so plan a romantic time and stay with your significant other. Oh - I had a conference here which left my husband with nothing to do in the mornings - but he did the nature walk, the hike and a couple of the yoga/exercise classes and he had a great time. There is a lot to do at the resort. Very nice toiletries too - spa quality shampoo/lotions, etc. We paid less here than at the B&B we stayed at in Santa Barbara thinking the Santa Barbara B&B would be better. HAHAHAH - we should've stayed here the entire time. (We stayed 3 nights).

• Liked — Incredible bed - soft, luxurious!
  • Disliked — It was absolutely great - all of it (truly rare occurrence these days!)
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2007

I stayed at the Ojai Valley Inn for just one night as part of a work retreat, and am so disappointed I didn't have the foresight to stay the weekend as well. The weather and grounds were gorgeous. The spa facilities and treatment were great. My room was tranquil, clean, and luxurious in a Pierre Deux kind of way (French Country). I don't golf, so I can't comment on that part of the stay, but my coworkers seemed to enjoy themselves. All in all, I can't wait for the chance to go back to the Ojai Valley Inn.

• Liked — The gorgeous setting and accommodations
  • Disliked — That I was there for work :)
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Sega10028
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2007

We just returned from a seven night stay at Ojai Valley Inn. We were pleasantly suprised at check-in with a one category room upgrade to a fireplace mini-suite. The room was lovely with a huge walk-in closet and beautiful decor. We had a large private patio with a view. The staff went out of their way to make the week special. Always offering bottled water at the valet and the workout room. There were special touches at the spa pool with "cabana boys" covering the chairs for you with terry cloth upon your arrival. Pool service was great.

There is so much to do there and the resort offers some great "values". They offer a golf clinic daily for one hour for $10 per person. The instructors were great and one day my husband and I had him all to ourselves for a pitching/chipping lesson. Access to the spa pools and workout room are free as well as free fitness classes. Some resorts nickel and dime you for everything and I loved that this one did not. They have free tennis clinics several times a week. We played golf one day and the course is very nice. I rode horses two days and the wranglers were great too. They have picnic service through room service and we had a picnic delivered to the herb garden one day. It was really nice to have them arrive and spread out the table cloth on the table and serve us. The picnic arrived without plates and when my husband let the management team know that, they sent a complimentary cheese tray to our room that evening.

We both had two massages and we were happy with the spa. The wet areas are nice, but probably not the nicest I have ever seen. The complimetary yoga was fantastic and I took several of their morning walks.

The only glitch we had was that we had agreed by phone ahead of time on a nightly rate and I had trouble getting a confirmation for the appropriate amount. I talked to a management person before we arrived and I was assured that our agreed upon rate of $390 a night for a Shangri-La with fireplace would be honored all seven nights. Upon check out we discovered that we were being charged more. I had not kept the management persons name, but upon alerting the desk that the rate was not the "agreed to" rate, she checked with her manager and they gladly honored it.

Overall, I am in love with this resort. There is so much to do at the resort and even though the rooms are expensive, they do provide value with all of the extras. I have travelled all over the world and stayed at many five star hotels, and I would rank this at the top. The setting, service, room, and amenities make this hotel a great value. The town of Ojai also has amazing charm and we ate in town several times.

• Liked — Variety of activities offered at the resort
  • Disliked — Loved everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LucyDallas
Alpine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2007

Wow! Went for our 29th anniversary and it was perfect. We had the golf package and the course was beautful, extremely well mancured, and not crowded. When we checked in we were told on checkout day we could have a complimentary round of golf.
Our room was upgraded at check-in to a suite. The service was impecable, from arrival to checkout. One night we ate at Marivella and the food was fabulous. One day after a round of golf we went to the spa for massages. Unfortunately, because of our limited time we didn't take full advantage of the spa amenities, but it was very nice. The waiting area was crowded, but only waited a couple minutes for the technician to come get us.
Now for price. The reality is hotels and resorts are getting expensive. As consumers we demand service and well maintained properties and it costs big bucks. Our first night we had a AAA rate at 245 (pretty cheap for a resort of this calber), and then two nights at the golf rate of 550 per night for the two of us (not bad for unlimited golf at such a nice course).
I highly recommend Ojai, and will definitely return.

• Liked — Golf
  • Disliked — It was all great
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ojai
Casa Ojai Inn
#4 of 5 in Ojai
Chantico Inn
Chantico Inn
#5 of 5 in Ojai
Su Nido Inn (Your Nest In Ojai)
Blue Iguana Inn
Blue Iguana Inn
#2 of 9 in Ojai
Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara

Been to Ojai Valley Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!