We got a great deal on our stay here - stay two nights, get the third free when traveling during the week. I was happy with the deal and overall felt pleased with the property. It's beautiful, and full of amenities. Our room was spacious, comfortable and impressive. The staff is friendly and the pools and grounds are beautiful, relaxing and well maintained. However, a few things made this feel like a slightly less than a 5 star experience.
- The food: No way this is 5 star food. We ate mostly in the casual spots (the pub, poolside cafes) and were so unimpressed we had no desire to try the more upscale eateries. If you're going to charge $16 for a tuna sandwich, it better be the best tuna I've ever eaten, not a lackluster meal served with bagged potato chips. Additionally, most of the casual fare was greasy - hamburgers, fries, etc - and if we went with a salad, it was simple mixed greens, but still for $15 a pop. I was far from impressed and spent most of my food dollars at restaurants in Ojai.
- Housekeeping: While all he staff was friendly and our room was kept clean, service was spotty. We only received turndown service on one of three nights, because on the other two, they came to the room after 9 p.m. when we had already returned from dinner. Likewise, one day our room wasn't given the regular cleaning until after 4 p.m. When staying at a place this nice (and $$) I really expect the housekeeping to be handled when I'm away from the room, and in a timely manner so you feel a bit more pampered. The resort was not busy when we were there, so I'm not sure what the problem was.
- Pools: all of the pools are great, but why can't the plush chairs at the main pool also be offered at the other, adult-only pools?
All in all, a great place to stay - but they need to kick it up just a notch before I'll come back and pay full price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 80 years, Ojai Valley Inn has been considered one of the best secrets among travelers. Escape to this historic resort of casual elegance featuring luxury accommodations, Spa Ojai, and a championship golf course. Ojai Valley Inn has 308 deluxe guest rooms, including suites, many with fireplaces and private balconies or patios overlooking the golf course and nearby mountains. Our Spa Penthouse, Hacienda Penthouse and 75 other suites offer you the ultimate in luxury accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Ojai Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ojai Valley Hotel Ojai
- Ojai Valley Spa
- Spa Ojai
- Ojai Valley Inn And Spa