“Luxury and serenity with excellent food!”
Review of Ojai Valley Inn

Ojai Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We go to Ojai to bring our son to the Weil Tennis Academy several times a year. We make it a wonderful vacation by staying at the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa. I recommend the tennis clinics at the tennis center and the tennis pro, Tom, gives amazing lessons. The courts are beautiful! I recommend getting up early aand sitting in front of the outdoor fireplace with a coffee from Cafe Verde, before an early morning fitness class. :)

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed March 28, 2010

We (3 girlfriends) had 2 Big 5-0's to celebrate but due to work commitments could not go too far. Ojai is 30 minutes from our home town of Camarillo and the ideal local getaway. The Ojai Valley Inn and Spa did not disappoint! The grounds are beautiful and extremely well maintained. The Inn itself is also well maintained and clean. We had lunch on the deck overlooking the gold course and everything was perfect. They have a good selection of wines both by the bottle and the glass and the prices are reasonable considering where you are.........I have seen way higher at lesser resorts. The spa services were fabulous and again the facility itself well maintained and very clean with a wonderful staff.
Ojai itself is only a ten minute walk from the Inn and although small has some lovely little shops that are well worth checking out.
This is a great time of year because the temperature is so favorable, with highs around 75 degrees. The summer months can be very hot, sometimes over 100 degrees.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2010

I went to this spa as an overnight gals' getaway. I had heard good things about it. I figure that for golfers, this is probably a good place. But as a luxurious spa, it fell down. The rooms are nice, but just average. There were few nice amenities in the room, although it was clean and had a nice view. Service was friendly, but whenever I called the front desk, I was put on an unrelenting hold and eventually gave up. The grounds are beautiful, but the spa was really sub-par. The hot tub area was really boring, just a sunken hot tub, but somehow it didn't feel very special. My massage was fine, but perfunctory. Dining room was pretty and the food was fine, but nothing spectacular. So I guess overall I was disappointed and felt that it had all the makings of a lovely stay, but missed the mark.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank bethlisa4
Reviewed March 13, 2010

The facilities are beautiful, the rooms are well decorated, and the amenities (robes, slippers, little treats) were thoughtful. We felt pampered but it was not overbearing. I would recommend it for families, romantic get-aways, or even for a little solo retreat. It is pricey, but worth it. The $10 internet access fee was annoying, given the room rates, but the serenity of the place made up for it.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Love this place. The spa was great and the hotel staff was friendly.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2010

My Hubby and I have been going to Ojai Inn for about 15+ years. Despite the occasional inconveniences caused by their seemingly never-ending improvements to the property, we are never disappointed. The staff are super-friendly, they don't nickel and dime you for stupid things like parking, and the rooms are "ahhhhhhhhhh". I don't think we've ever had a negative experience here. Over the years we are coming less and less because the prices keep going up and up, but every time we hear of a special we make it a priority. Neither one of us golfs, but I really love the spa (which will re open after MORE renovations in February 2010). The food and restaurant service is very good, but the food is a bit pricey ($19 for a lunch portion of spaghetti pomodoro?). Regardless, Ojai is a magical place, and Ojai Valley Inn and Spa are the 'go to' destination for us.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2010

I've stayed a few times and absolutely love the resort and Ojai's laid back appeal. My husband had a great golf pro for some lessons and I enjoyed the spa and sunbathing at the pool (in January!).

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ojai
Casa Ojai Inn
Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
Ojai Retreat
Ojai Retreat
#3 of 9 in Ojai

Been to Ojai Valley Inn? Share your experiences!