“Lovely spa day!”
Review of Ojai Valley Inn

Ojai Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My boyfriend and I came here for a spa day as opposed to spending the weekend at the hotel. I had a facial and he had a massage. I loved the woman who performed my facial and the work she did on my face! My boyfriend also loved his massage. The spa facilities and inside architecture are extremely old world Spanish style elegant with mahogany doors, adobe walls and beautiful tiling. Very romantic! We had lunch at the cafe directly outside of the spa which was delicious. Everything here was beautiful and classful. The outside grounds were just as pretty and scenic as the inside with a rolling green golf course and blooming trees. My absolute only gripe is that the massage, facial and spa time came to almost 500.00. I realize you have to pay the big bucks for this kind of "class," but pricey nonetheless.

1  Thank JARidle
OjaiResort, Guest Relations Manager at Ojai Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Thank you JARidle for your review of your spa day with your boyfriend! We appreciate you sharing your experience with others and hope to see you back in the future.

All the best,
Director of Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,724)

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I spent three days at the Ojai Valley Inn for work. It was not quite a real vacation yet the hotel was great. The location is beautiful as it is settled in a Valley.It is surrounded by beautiful mountain backdrop and the hotel is well landscaped. Every where you walk the smells of the gardens grab your senses. I did not have my family with me so I enjoyed the adult only pool. It was great to have a relaxing area... The staff was very available for the quick trips up and down the resort. I did not have a chance to enjoy a round of golf but the views were great from the outdoors restaurant. Lastly the suite I was in was spacious. Slightly outdated/aged but charming with an indoor fireplace and a nice terrace. I hope I can return with my family!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Francois B

Thank you Dfbonin for your review of your stay with us! We are happy you were able to find some relaxing time during your recent trip with work. We hope to see you back in the future with your family!

All the best,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was the perfect destination for our Babymoon only two hours north of LA. We spent most of our time at the spa and I highly recommend the Ayurvedic Detox Body Treatment, it was incredibly relaxing. After the treatments we would walk or take a golf cart shuttle to the Herb Garden Pool for drinks and a nap in the sun.

We ate at The Oak Grill for every meal. The food was excellent and the patio was a great place to hang out afterwards to listen to live music. No need to eat at Maravilla in my opinion.

Overall excellent service and really appreciate them learning names so quickly so that we felt like valued guests. We will definitely be back with the whole family soon.

Room Tip: I'd suggest staying near the herb garden pool. That's where we spent most of our time. Grou...
2  Thank Tom S
OjaiResort, Guest Relations Manager at Ojai Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

We appreciate you choosing to share in your special Babymoon with us, Tom S. Congratulations on your new upcoming addition to the family and we look forward to meeting the whole family in the future!

All the very best,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at Ojai Vally Inn and Spa.

ROOM: Our room was beautiful and spacious. LOVED it. The furniture was in perfect condition. The bed was FANTASTIC. Everything was super clean. The toiletries are great quality.

SERVICE: The best I have experienced in a long while. Every staffer we came across was polite and helpful. We called the front desk several times for help with one thing or another - the response was always immediate.

SPA: stunningly beautiful. Very expensive - no doubt -- but almost worth the expense. 100 min massage ended up costing me $375. Thats a pretty hefty price tag but it was a great massage...

FOOD: Always great. but also extremely expensive. A pretty light breakfast for my husband and I was consistently $75...for muffins, coffee and fruit. Food and drink service at the pool was great with fantastic options ( not just burgers and fries - although those were good too). Nice set of options for dinner/lunch.

GROUNDS: my husband golfed and loved it. i walked the grounds and found them to be exceptionally beautiful and well cared for.

POOL: We only used the adult pool - it was fantastic. Service was great. Again super clean. Beautifully appointed.

KIDS: We didn't have our son with us but we would absolutely go back with him. Perfect for kids.

Despite the long trip ( we came for a wedding), we would absolutely go back and highly recommend the hotel.

Whoever manages this hotel should be commended. It's clear that the people like working there - which makes it even more enjoyable to stay there.

ONLY SLIGHT NEGATIVE: I'd say everything was probably 20% more expensive than it should be - but that being said I have nothing to complain about - not food, not service, not room - nothing.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you VNICENYC for your extensive review of your past stay with us. Glad to hear you had such a great time and were able to appreciate some on the Golf Course and at the Spa! We hope you enjoyed your time at the wedding and look forward to seeing the whole family back in the future...

Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a four-night getaway over Memorial Day weekend. We stayed in the Arborlada building in a quiet room with a good view overlooking the golf course. The grounds are beautiful; the staff is extremely attentive and friendly; and we loved the easy access to biking and walking trails, beautiful swimming pools and the spa/fitness facilities. The resort is great for small groups, couples and families - we noticed the many activities for kids and enjoyed a dive in movie at the family pool one evening. The food prices at the restaurants onsite seemed a little excessive although the ambiance and service were good. We walked into town or took the trolley to enjoy many meals. Our king bed room was lovely and spacious, with a couch and large bathroom with separate vanity area. Highly recommend this resort to anyone looking for a sunny and completely relaxing getaway.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rshoregon

Thank you rshoregon for your recent review. Happy to hear you enjoyed your long Memorial Day weekend getaway with us! We hope to see you back when you are ready for your next relaxing getaway...

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The Ojai Valley Inn & Spa is one of the most beautiful resorts! My husband and I visited for our birthday celebrations and to simply getaway. The service is very warm and attentive, the rooms are comfortable and the grounds are absolutely stunning. You feel like you are in another world! The spa is one of the best we have been to. We also ate at Maravilla and the food was outstanding. We highly recommend this resort to anyone in need of relaxation and rejuvenation.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
OjaiResort, Guest Relations Manager at Ojai Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Thank you sescobedo for your review of the property and your stay! We know you have many options when celebrating those special milestone birthdays and we thank you for choosing to share it with us!

Thank you for sharing your recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back again for some relaxation and rejuvenation in the near future!!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have stayed at this property at least twelve times if not more, for a two night spa getaway with my mom. We stay in the building next to the spa which is very convenient. The rooms are spacious. The spa services are generally very good, the spa restaurant (lunch only) offers really wonderful healthy choices in a lovely setting near the pool--very casual, which is what we want. This is a feel good, get pampered type of spa experience. I have found the exercise classes to be very good. I have found the staff overall to be very well trained, and professional. The property is quite large, the spa is only a fraction of the property-- it is great exercise to walk the property and head up toward the lobby, visit the parrots in their habitat, take a walk to the herb garden. If you are on a budget I'd look elsewhere, this beautiful environment comes at a price. It is too bad they redecorated the spa a couple years ago trying to make them have a hipster look. They failed miserably in their attempt-- the spa rooms now look like the inside of a submarine in battleship metallic grey--very dismal. The rooms were beautiful Spanish style which went with the overall feeling of the property.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you Karen L for your review and your loyalty over the years at the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa. Happy to hear your Spa Getaway with your mom was enjoyable. We do understand that design can be subjective and we appreciate your feedback. Many of our enhancements have come from recommendations and suggestions from our guests and we will be sure to share your feedback with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are looking for your next Spa Getaway!

Director of Guest Relations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ojai
The Oaks at Ojai
Chantico Inn
Chantico Inn
#5 of 5 in Ojai
Emerald Iguana Inn

Been to Ojai Valley Inn? Share your experiences!