“Outstanding staff & beautiful property”
Review of Ojai Valley Inn

Ojai Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We have stayed here before with a groupon deal and got a low budget groupon room that was nice, but not like the full priced room we had this weekend. We loved our view and spacious room/patio. We had a corporate event and it is not fair to rate a resort on that / it was pretty standard fare. I do, however, wish the air conditioning was not programmed to go into conserve idle mode between midnight-6am; it is hot here in May and we both were a bit uncomfortable when the system overrides our settings.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KipL
OjaiResort, Guest Relations Manager at Ojai Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Thank you KipL for your review and acknowledging our team members! I am sorry you had challenges with the A/C unit during your stay. We will be reviewing with our Engineering team to verify what happened during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Ojai!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

By nature, I'm not a "spa retreat" kind of guy. I love the idea, but I never actually manage to totally relax. This past weekend my wife and I took advantage of our kids being gone to have a "getaway weekend" at Ojai Valley Inn, and by the time the weekend was over, I was sorry to leave and return to "reality".

The grounds are beautiful - surrounded by a nice golf course (I don't golf), a rolling hillside, pools, lawns, and gardens.

There are so many different room types and areas of the property, you really should talk to someone on property to get a feel for where you want to stay. Our "mini-suite" was enormous and had a great private patio overlooking the pool area where we could sit in our robes and have coffee in the morning or spend lazy afternoons just reading a book while sipping a glass of wine.

The spa can get busy and feel a bit "hectic" in the common waiting area with a dozen or more people in terry robes waiting for "treatments" of various sorts. But the locker room facilities include a sauna, steam room, jacuzzi tub, and very nice shower and locker amenities. Adjoining the spa is a nice pool area with full meal (and cocktail) service, so you can unwind in the jacuzzi with a mojito after a relaxing massage.

Dinner at the fine dining restaurant was fantastic - ask for a table on the deck if its going to be a nice evening. The sunsets are spectacular. Meals at the Oak Grill were good, but not great. We didn't try Jimmy's Pub or Cafe Verde (other than grabbing green juices in the morning).

Service throughout the hotel is "over the top". The staff works very hard at providing great service - you can tell it is important to them. You can be assured that you'll never have to exert your body or mind during your stay if you don't want to!

If you owe your Significant Other some quality time, I can't recommend OVI highly enough. I've traveled all over the world and stayed in some of the finest hotels, and the comfort and serenity of Ojai Valley Inn is really unmatched anywhere I've been.

Room Tip: Lots of different room types in lots of areas. Near the Spa, overlooking a pool, overlooking the go...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SBH2OMan
OjaiResort, Guest Relations Manager at Ojai Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you SBH2OMan for sharing your recent experience!

Happy to hear you had a relaxing time on your Spa Retreat. Thank you for recognizing the efforts of our associates throughout your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to complete your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the property for some more rest and relaxation in the near future!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Established in 1924 and celebrating its 90th birthday this year, this is a magical place, and a go to place for us when we want to escape life's everyday pressures and settle into extreme serenity and comfort. Do yourself a favor and take route 150 off highway 101 to Ojai when driving to the resort, as the drive through the mountains will definitely inspire you. Awash is resplendent white with red tile roofs, the Ojai Valley Inn & spa nestles below the Tapa Tapa mountains with soaring views and if your lucky, you might see the "pink moment" at sunset. The accommodations, manicured grounds and gardens, service and restaurants are all first class. The golf course and spa are absolute gems in today's mundane world of cookie cutter resorts. The town of Ojai is interesting enough for a brief visit, but really, why leave?

Room Tip: All rooms have a certain charm, but I would choose the Herb Garden rooms overlooking the mountains a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
OjaiResort, Guest Relations Manager at Ojai Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you Michael B for your review. We appreciate you recognizing our rich and colorful history and beautiful surroundings leading in to the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to enjoy more of what the property and town has to offer!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great buffet for Mother's Day followed by a relaxing massage and a walk around the grounds.
Beautiful spot for a getaway, though a little on the more expensive side. There are some beautiful villas if one wants to stay a little longer and the service is professional and attentive.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
OjaiResort, Guest Relations Manager at Ojai Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you Professor32 for visiting us for a special Mothers Day! We know you have many choices when choosing to celebrate special occasions and we thank you for choosing the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We spent a week to relax and get away from life and couldn't have chosen a better location. Everything about the place is first class. From the service and the friendliness of the staff to the beautiful golf course to the wonderful meals at all of the restaurants, we had no negative experiences. My wife used the spa and couldn't have been more pleased with her treatments and the spa personnel. Also, Ojai itself is a great area to explore and experience. Great restaurants, wine tastings, walking and hiking trails, beautiful scenery, etc. The olive oil tasting at Regalo Olive Oil Co. was fun, informative and delicious. This is not your normal resort layout as the property winds about and there are many different buildings you might stay in. Learning our way around was part of the fun. Our room was very comfortable with a private patio offering great views and marvelous breezes. Overall, this is a wonderful place to be active or relaxed and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce L

Thank you Bruce L for your review. We are most appreciative of you acknowledging the friendliness of the team and the flawless service. We do focus a lot of attention on our training and development and it is great to be recognized for it!

Sounds like you enjoyed all that Ojai has to offer, wine tastings, hiking, restaurants and olive oil tastings.

We look forward to your return to the property whether it is for relaxation or adventure, we are ready to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Our family of 6 adults came to the resort to celebrate a birthday and enjoy our last adults only vacation before grandchildren arrive. The property is spectacularly beautiful. The gardens and golf course were in perfect condition and there are wonderful seating areas everywhere to enjoy it all. At night it is all twinkling lights. The rooms are redone, large, comfy and lovely. The staff was friendly and helpful. The town has gotten more fun to explore. We all rated it a five star experience with a great balance of active and relaxing activities.

Room Tip: Some rooms have very large decks which are perfect for groups.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
OjaiResort, Guest Relations Manager at Ojai Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thank you Hermosa29 for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear you were able to explore all areas of the property and town for a well rounded experience. Thank you for acknowledging our associates too!!

We look forward to welcoming you and the entire family back once the grandchildren arrive as we are a popular spot for families too!!

All the best,

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel and it's staff are amazing!! I haven't even finished my stay and have never written a review before, but felt I had to write one immediately because of how well I have been treated here.
I was going away for a couple of nights with my young son and had tried to do it somewhere less expensive. Well, that turned out to be a disaster. Much too long to explain why here. I called over to Ojai Valley Inn to see if they could accommodate us on super short notice. ( like 30 minutes short notice, I had to get my son out of that place. I've never left a hotel before, but the whole experience was so miserable I just couldn't stay) Not only did they accommodate us, but they went above and beyond to make sure that the rest of our vacation was just that, a vacation. From Ashley and reservations who did everything in her power to get us the best rate. To Art in in-room dining who made sure that there was food waiting for us in our room when we got there so that my son could eat right away. (And, yes, it was still warm). To George the concierge (who knew nothing of what happened, he's just genuinely really nice I guess, lol) who when I was checking in walked over to do a magic trick for my son and give him some bubbles. To the gentleman who delivered warm milk for my son before bed (I was frazzled and didn't get his name) who seemed so sincerely concerned about our well being and hoping that the rest of our stay was as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. The fact that all these people went out of their way to rectify something that had NOTHING to do with them is truly and amazing and above and beyond what is required of anyone. I don't know who does the hiring here, but they have done an exemplary job!
I haven't even had a chance to explore the grounds yet, but if they are one third as nice as the people who work here then I think I might have died and gone to heaven.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Mercedes C
OjaiResort, Guest Relations Manager at Ojai Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you Mercedes C. We truly appreciate you taking some of your current vacation time to share your immediate experience with us!

We are glad you found us given the circumstances and hope you will choose us again on your next travels to Ojai.

We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time exploring the grounds and we will be sure to recognize those associates who assisted in making it one of the best experiences for you!!

All the best,
Director of Guest Relations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ojai
Casa Ojai Inn
Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara
Ojai Retreat
Ojai Retreat
#3 of 9 in Ojai

Been to Ojai Valley Inn? Share your experiences!