“Can't wait to come back”
Review of Ojai Valley Inn

Ojai Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed here for two nights with our teenagers and everyone agreed it was just heavenly. The rooms were big and comfortable with large balconies and breathtaking views. I loved that there was an afghan in the room so I could sit out and watch the sunset even though it was chilly. The facilities are great - nice lap pool, fine tennis and gyms. Plus there are nice hiking trails and the town of Ojai is just great. On-resort restaurant (Oak Grill) was yummy. Altogether a great stay.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,738)

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We just love the Ojai Resort and if you golf, it's close to Nirvana. Challenging yes, but it's a beautiful serene scene. We have family in Ventura and time our visits when we can with promotional rates at Ojai as our grandson just loves spending the day(s) with us there. The room is very comfortable and quiet. We love Jimmy's and the breakfast at the Oak Grill is always very satisfying. You can't beat eating outdoors at either spot. My grandson always loves the pool, this year we were the only ones there but he spent hours there anyway. He also enjoyed the aquarium, foosball, and playground area in Camp Comfort. There's really something there for everyone. We didn't get a chance to enjoy the spa this trip but from previous visits - don't miss the opportunity to treat yourself. The grounds are magnificent. Enjoy the Ojai Pink Moment with a glass of local wine from the privacy of your patio. The staff is always very friendly and accommodating. Fortunately the resort was very quiet during our stay as my five year old grandson just loved riding his new scooter all around the hilly grounds of the resort. We look forward to our next visit and will always request the same room. If we didn't have the little guy visiting, we would probably look at staying in one of the rooms overlooking the adults only pool near the herb garden. They have incredible views.

Room Tip: We always prefer a Hacienda Suite with fireplace - first floor with patio.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Did the best of Ojai Package for a few days with Golf and Spa. Room was very nice, spacious, and comfortable. Golf course was challenging yet fun and the spa was one of the best with an excellent treatment by Arno. Would definitely stay here again. The service all around was excellent, the food at both the Oak Grill and jimmy's pub also very tasty The only issue is that when we checked in we were offered a room upgrade for $75 a night, which we accepted only to find out via the web, the price differential was $40 per night. Let them know and they reconciled the difference with me

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Sorry Disneyland and Nordstrom (both places previously called the happiest place in the world). This is it! I love the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa! I have been 4 times in the last 1-2 years. I live about an hour away and this is where I love to vacation and take a long weekend or mid-week break! It is wonderful. Peaceful, great service, lovely rooms, I love the Herb Garden Pool (adults only) with it'a own kitchen and bar. Ojai itself is magical and charming and this is the THE place to stay in Ojai if you like spacious rooms, great views, unobtrusive service and a relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the Herb Garden Pool!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Four great days post Thanksgiving. The resort was empty! Great service,food,and room. My wife loved the spa and classes, I spent my time playing golf. If you are looking to relax, this is the place. GO!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael I
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We spent Thanksgiving (again) at the Ojai Valley Inn this year.
While I'm not sure that I can even point to anything specific, it appeared to us that literally everything had improved!
The grounds, the rooms, the service - pretty much faultless.

I would not hesitate to come back - and to recommend this resort to the most discerning of travelers.

However, the only thing that has NOT improved, or has worsened - is the service at the Oak Grill.

Painfully slow service, incorrectly described or delivered orders, mediocre food. But the service is so slow that I am sure that we will inconvenience ourselves and go off-property for our meals rather than eat there again. We have spoken to the management every year - and every year they acknowledge the problem and speak with us in detail about how they are trying to correct it. could it be that difficult??

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We celebrated my wife's birthday here and had a very nice relaxing stay. The room was comfortable and cozy. The grounds and public areas of the hotel are very beautiful and well maintained. All of the staff that we encountered were pleasant and helpful.
We ate at the nice outdoor restaurant on property and really enjoyed it.
We are not golfers but the course looked so inviting it might inspire me to take it up again.
We didn't get to use the spa facilities but look forward to returning to try them.
Overall this is a great get away in a serene and lovely Southern California location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ojai
Casa Ojai Inn
Blue Iguana Inn
Blue Iguana Inn
#1 of 9 in Ojai
Emerald Iguana Inn

Been to Ojai Valley Inn? Share your experiences!