“A little piece of heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Winter Midweek Escape
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Palm Springs, California
“A little piece of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Beautiful property with amazing vistas. Maravilla is a memorable dining experience. Our room was wonderful except we were close to Jimmy's Pub and Oak Grille...so early in the morning, I had the staff preparing in the kitchen for breakfast. I am a light sleeper so I can forgive this as our experience was amazing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I love taking my wife to this resort because whatever stresses she has been carrying seem to fade away after a weekend in Ojai. Being catered to at the spa, a refreshing swim in the pool, an evening walk through the romanticaly lit grounds and breakfast on the patio... what women wouldn't feel better! The only down side is that now she wants to remodel our home to look like the Ojai Valley Inn. Men, care for your wife in Ojai. When she is happy, life is good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SBHaydens
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed with my Mom last month, and it was sooo great! The weather here is so beautiful, it was very sunny all day, and the early morning fog was lovely. We had a room overlooking the golf course, and from our window we saw deer prancing in the early morning and bunnies. (visiting from San Diego here, def. city gals) The pool is excellent, and the blonde cabana boy was very helpful and friendly. Service was great throughout our stay. The bellman even gave us an intro tour when we arrived on a golf cart and offered good restaurant recomendations. The food and service was outstanding and we will definitly be back...what a beautiful place! Some addt. noteworthy things, the quiet and serene atmosphere, beautiful running trails, and free yoga! I'm ready to move in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Luff luff this resort, so headed up after having a stressful week in the real world. When we arrived, they told us that there was a wedding that weekend, so book our dinners, etc., right away. Nice to know. What they didn't tell us, is that since they were near capacity, they decided to give us the worst room I have seen at this property. It was bad news. A shangrila fireplace room is more than 500/ night. So I expected something relaxing to help us unwind. Quiet. Solitude. Pretty. Um, they missed that up.
We were golf carted to our room and it was at the far edge of the property, near town. So near town that I could hear and see traffic from the room. If I'm paying 3 star rates, then I don't complain. But come on.. Really. I call the desk and ask to be moved. We have literally stayed there at least 20 times. It's our GO TO place. So I don't know why they don't have it in the database that we r loyal customers, and please treat us as such.
The room, forgot to mention, was also a handicap room. So no tub, etc. OVI and S, TELL YOUR CUSTOMER BEFORE THEY ENTER THIS ROOM. I don't leave our pretty house to get on the freeway for three hours to spend a lot of money in a room that is worse than my first apartment. It then took more than 50 minutes for them to get us carted to the next room. So we sit there in the loud room waiting.... Calling them, waiting.. It sucked. . Attitude from front desk, AND from golf cart boy did not aid in us feeling relaxed.
Of course I think something should have been comped for us, but they did nothing. I was too tired to ask. And hubby was hungry. So I didn't ask. But, come on...
After we were in our new room and ate a bite, things got back to Ojai heaven. But that glitch made me lose the lust I had for this hotel. Disappointed and unsure if we should spend our $$$ here next time.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank meowlover
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We recently stayed at the Ojai Valley Inn for a one-night family getaway to celebrate our parent’s anniversary, and from check in to check out, our stay at the lovely Ojai Valley Inn was just that – lovely! Our room overlooked the adult pool and sprawling mountainside, including a portion of the meticulously-manicured herb garden. It truly looked like a post card (although so does the entire Inn)! Being a horse lover, I enjoyed seeing all the horse statues thoughtfully placed around the property. The herb garden area, complete with lounging tables with plush pillows, provided the perfect sanctuary to catch up on my reading. We had a lovely breakfast at the Oak Grill, overlooking the beautiful greens of the golf course. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive to our needs, as was the rest of the grill staff. Because one of our guest’s had an injured toe, we got around the property via the friendly bell attendants/carts. They were always on time and happy to greet us. The room service staff was also on point – the man who delivered our order actually suggested we use the provided “soft slippers” as we greeted him in robes and bare feet. The bath products are specially made for the Inn on-site and are superb with fresh, light scents. Long in short, we had an amazing time, would recommend the Ojai Valley Inn to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway, and look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kiersta H
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We absolutely loved our time at this luxurious, yet unpretentious spa resort! The service was wonderful and their spa menu is incredible. We especially loved that they offered unique activities...for example, my husband and I did a private hike in the Ojai mountains...it was so fun and interesting too. We even got to pick some wild sage to bring home with us. We also rented bikes to ride around the property and the paths around the city of Ojai....again, a great time! The dinner restaurant had excellent cuisine and a delicious wine selection. We spent time in the adjacent bar which is more casual, but a lot of fun! The bartenders seemed to have adopted us as they treated us like royalty and after the first night of our stay they remembered us by name...a great personal touch!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace....it just adds to the relaxation!