“Ojai Valley Inn & Spa, Ojai, CA”
Review of Ojai Valley Inn

Ojai Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have stayed at the hotel several times and I would highly recommend it to everyone who is looking for a quiet place to stay with many activities, and a very attentive staff. I had a problem the first day when I got into the shower to discover I had no water. The hotel compensated me for this inconvenience. I would highly recommend anyone making travel plans to make their reservations through WhataHotel.com
They provide excellent service and that will get you extra "Perks" that are not offered by the hotel.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Ojai Valley Inn & Spa is one of the most amazing properties I have every visited. A short 70-90 minutes from Los Angeles (depending on how fast you drive).

Every time I visit it feels like I'm coming home. The staff is terrific, friendly and attentive; the property is vast and beautiful with lots of activities or just lounging by the pool. The beds/linens are superior and I always have the best nights sleep.

I hate leaving the Inn and smile every time I book another trip. Each stay is never long enough for me.

I am looking forward to returning...hopefully within the next few months.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Wife and I took our 20th anniversary get away to Ojai Valley Inn in 2009. I thought I had written a review, but must not have. However, I really wanted to let people know what an awesome place this is. From most of my reviews, you can tell we are active and running is usually a part of our get-aways. Outstanding trails to run here through town and up out of the valley into the mountains. The golf course is really nice as well and immaculately manicured. We did the couples massage and my wife even talked me into a pedicure and foot massage, (did I say she also talked me into running 10 miles up a mountain...) Rooms are suites with living area and fire places. Our place was like a small condo. We had breakfast every morning in the courtyard outside our room. Meals were outstanding. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful and private place for our 20th.

The town of Ojai was neat with lots of shopping. Very California, with unique and interesting shops and wine bars. Weren't overwhelmed with our meals in any of the restaurants in town so ate at the resort most nights.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allgoodbugman
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel is located in a super peaceful location. Amenities are incredible! We even went for a spin class one afternoon.
Doggie friendly which is always a plus and they truly care about the dogs! they have beds, food and bowls for them in each room!

Check it out you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marsis1
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Each time we return (every two years or so), we notice more well-attended to details in the rooms, decor, service. We have vowed to return every year now for two nights to play golf, dine in Maravilla, explore the town, enjoy the Spa. The setting is just magnificent!

Room Tip: First floor Casa Blanca building with golf course view.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Me and my wife were looking for somewhere close to go as our first get-away without our toddler. We had heard a lot about this place so we wanted to give it a shot. It really is incredible. The grounds, the service and overall atmosphere are a great blend of Great, but not too-stuffy. The spa experience was also really great. It gets a bit crowded for women, but for men it is tranquil and very easy to enjoy.

The top-end restaurant didn't look like it was worth trying, and the food everywhere else was really good overall. We actually went to the onsite pub mostly and it was a really fun night out.

We can't wait to go back. It's expensive, but when you need to get away from the little-ones (whom we love very much), this might be the place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

if it weren't for the foul oder of raw sewage in the bathroom. While the smell lasted for a couple of hours at the most, a hotel of this caliber shouldn't have drainage issues. Other than that, friends and I enjoyed our weekend getaway girls' trip.

Upon arrival, the staff made us feel welcomed and we were able to check-in early at 11:00 am. Our suite, situated over the Herbal Garden and Adult Pool was nice, spacious and quiet for 3 gals to share. We started off with drinks at the bar and hung out at the adult pool for a few hours. The pool can get crowded but there should be plenty of lounge chairs available. The pool staff were attentive and nice.

The resort is beautiful, immaculate even which made the sewage smell seem out of the ordinary. The hotel isn't far from center of town which closes very early, the ice cream shop closed at 7pm on a Saturday night. Ojai is definitely a town to relax and be easy breezy. It's great that a place exist so close to L.A. one can escape for a day or two.

While the resort is beautiful, I didn't get a chance to experience any spa services because they were sold out for the weekend. The hotel was at capacity so I'll give it a try next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ojai
The Oaks at Ojai
Ojai Retreat
Ojai Retreat
#3 of 9 in Ojai
Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara

Been to Ojai Valley Inn? Share your experiences!