“A piece of heaven on Earth”
Review of Ojai Valley Inn

Ojai Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Beautiful landscape and the staff is exceptionally well trained and caring! I normally don't drink, but if you like sweet drinks, then I highly recommend the mixed berry martini at Maravilla. Delicious! (The bartender makes a non-alcoholic version of it, too.) The Herb Garden Pool has the best view of the mountains. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,723)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We spent three nights here and although we had a gorgeous view from our balcony, our room was hugely over-sized and the furniture only occupied half of the room. Very odd indeed! The room service was fast and efficient as was anything we asked for. We left our toothbrushes at home and they promptly delivered some for us, but the toothpaste tube was the smallest I've ever seen - smaller than a stick of gum!! Hardly enough for a single application. I did not anticipate having to climb stairs up and down throughout the entire property. I have a bad knee and would have liked some advance notice since they do not have elevators on the property! They should let guests know this in advance. Their high end restaurant, Marvilla, had great service, but the food is sadly overrated. It did not warrant the very high tab and is a 3 star trying to be a 5. And finally, the spa....that was a BIG disappointment. I bought a series of treatments and even then it was overpriced for what I received. The waiting room was so crowded that there was hardly a place to sit down and it was CO-ED!! Yep, both men and women together wearing robes and nothing else; all waiting together. I was very uncomfortable as were several other women sitting near me. All three treatments were priced the same regardless of what the services were. I thought the relaxing massage was painful and had to ask her to not press so hard twice. It felt like a massage mill with very little attention to the individual and the attendants appeared mechanical. High end spas in Ojai and L.A. are cheaper and give more personalized treatments! I would stay at the Inn again but not use their spa and stick to their less expensive eateries - save the pricey meals for other good restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: If you call the Inn, good luck getting a person on the phone who can help you with the room. You ha...
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Rolling mountains with lush oak trees, stunning pink sunset, beautifully appointed rooms -- the Ojai Valley Inn is an amazing retreat from the city. But that was just the beginning. On our girls weekend, we had an amazing day at the fabulous Spa. The Spa is beautiful and the staff is extremely qualified. The effects of the massage lasted days. And my facial with Lara was heaven. My yoga class was fantastic. Thank you for a great weekend. After visiting the Ojai Valley Inn, I do not want to go anywhere else . . . .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Thoroughy enjoyed our time at the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa. This was the perfect venue for a girl's get away. Had the best massage of my life and a wonderful facial. All the staff was very nice (especially Mary who serves coffee in the shop located at the family pool) and professional. The room was spacious, very clean, had a nice view of the golf course, a fireplace and a comfy bed. The grounds were so beautiful and peaceful. Can't wait to go back again with my husband and hope to make this our annual get together spot with the girls.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 500 building which was conveniently located near all the amenities (just a short wa...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for over 20 years. It's always been great. However, this time I think their staff must have gone through some specialty training or something because they were absolutely top notch!
Literally every experience at the Inn on this trip was outstanding. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was awesome, they were extremely accommodating. This particular trip was definitely a "10".

Reviewed February 5, 2013

What more can I say that the place is awesome and I highly recommend you going there. Great spa, food, cool little town. A getaway but real close to the big city. Friendly staff, clean and quite. Looking forward to going back within a year.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is one of the top 5 Resorts I have ever visited and
all the service facilities and rooms where 5 star,
Including their Signature Restaurant Maravilla,
Where the food is off the charts.
The Spa is centered on the property and
offers just about any treatment your could ever ask for.
This is a perfect Anniversary or girls getaway place..

Room Tip: We stayed in Suite 765 it is at the end of the road and close to a busy street, but totally quiet in...