“I don't want to share the Ojai. I want to keep it to myself....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ojai Valley Inn & Spa

Ojai Valley Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Philadelphia, PA
“I don't want to share the Ojai. I want to keep it to myself....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2008

Fantastic stay. Didn't want to leave. Eveything was perfect. Can not say enough good things about this resort. We will be back!!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
El Segundo, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2008

This is my third visit to the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa and definitely not my last. Its luxurious accomodations in a serene, tranquil setting make it a 5-star resort in every sense of the word.

The last two times I've visited the Ojai Valley Inn my boyfriend and I have stayed in the Paseo Suites, which I believe are approximately $1500 a night. The room rate is very expensive but fortunately we have a connection. After staying in these marvelous suites, I couldn't stay in any other type of room. The suites are located in the Paseo Villas, away from most of the other rooms, and offer privacy and luxury that is unsurpassed. There is an entire living and dining area separate from the bedroom, as well as a huge enclosed patio with firepit. This is the only hotel I have visited where I would rather stay in my hotel room during the whole vacation than leave it. I have stayed in the smaller Ojai room as well and all the accomodations seem to be lovely no matter where you stay, I just prefer the size and location of the Paseo suite. Also, I always take my Pomeranian with me so he appreciates the spaciousness of the suite since he can run around all over the place like at home instead of being cooped up in a smaller room.

The spa is heavenly and absolutely cannot be missed! I have experienced a massage, facial, and the Kuyam. This is their signature treatment and if you experience one thing at the spa it has got to be the Kuyam. This treatment is not offered anywhere else in the U.S. I can't explain it, you just have to experience it for yourself. Also, the spa houses a state-of-the-art gym which has better equipment than any gym I've ever been to, let alone a hotel gym.

The Ojai Valley Inn is expensive but worth every penny. The staff is extremely warm and will cater to your every need and there are amenities to suit everyone's needs. Most importantly, this hotel is pet-friendly!

• Liked — The spa and that the hotel is pet friendly.
  • Disliked — The accomodations and food are very expensive.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Enrilynne
Palo Alto, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2008

My family (myself, hubby and 2 kids) stayed at the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa last weekend . After a few hiccups with our room, I have nothing but great things to say about this resort.

Kudos to Amy S. the rooms' manager. Amy worked very hard to make sure that we were really comfortable. She took extra time to ensure that our stay would be exceptional.

Our kids met other children at Camp Ojai and they had a blast. Previously, Camp Ojai included horseback riding and pony rides for the kids. However, a few weeks ago, torrential rains washed away much of the ranch associated with Ojai Valley Inn. Therefore, the horses were moved to new homes. I understand that the petting zoo may make a comeback in the near future. The talking parrots are still around.

My husband and I had a great time because our kids had a wonderful time. They loved all of the crafts and play time at Camp Ojai. While the kids were at "camp" I went to the spa for a nice massage and jaccuzi and my husband went to the tennis courts for a lesson.

The location at the Ojai Inn is absolutely breathtaking. The mountains that surround this valley are steep and majestic. The inn itself is on 220 acres of land including a sculptured golf course. The pool was nice and the kids had fun splashing around with all of the other kids here. Well-behaved dogs are allowed to stay with their families in certain parts of the property.

What really makes Ojai Valley Inn special is the staff. The people here are honestly friendly and helpful. Judi C. at the spa called 5 different local salons trying to find me a service that they did not have at the Ojai spa on her own initiative.

I'm really glad that we came to Ojai Valley Inn and Spa and I hope that we will come back here soon.

• Liked — the staff
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2008

Ojai Spa is a wonderful hotel. This was our second time back this year. This stay we stayed in the one bedroom suite. It was VERY expensive but worth it since we spent 80% of our time in the room. We had dinner at Maravilla both nights and the meal was AMAZING. If you have the money to spend on a beautiful very expensive getaway Ojai spa is the place to go.

negatives.
1. For $500 + a night they really need Wireless there is no wireless at all on the grounds.

• Liked — Grounds
  • Disliked — No Wireless Internet
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hanover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2008

My recent stay at the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa was everything I had hoped for and more. There wasn't any moment at which I felt anything other than pampered. The service was outstanding in all the restaurants, the room was made up promptly every day, the food was excellent, and people went out of their way to be accommodating. The icing on the cake was the spa itself. The services were superb, everyone was excactly on time for every appointment and never once did I feel rushed or pressured. The products were remarkable and I am still relishing the experience almost a month later!

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank VTWindyrise
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2008

We can't say enough about the Ojai Valley Inn. The AAA has given it 5 stars and this is better than many of the 5 star hotels we have stayed in. The quality throughout the hotel is flawless. The service and courtesy of the staff is incredible--always personable, smiling and even addressing you by name.
We ate at the Oak Grill and Maravilla restaurants on site. The food and service was outstanding in both restaurants. We also used room service and the food was there in 20 minutes--10 minutes sooner than they promised. The food prices were a little higher than normal, but the quality and service made it worth it.
We also used the spa. Ahh...the massages were great! I haven't had as good a massage in about 20 years. The spa is very spacious, has several lounge areas, has any toiletries you might need and is spotless. Again, the price was a little more than normal but it was worth it. The atmosphere and overall spa facilities were really nice and immediately made you relaxed, even before a massage. They have a lot of yoga and exercise classes but we didn't use them. There is a nice hiking/biking trail from the hotel that goes through the town and beyond.

• Liked — Outstanding service, quality of facility, spa
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
San Ramon Valley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2008

Our first visit to the Ojai Valley Inn was on our honeymoon in January 1948. We have had a few visits there in the intervening years, and just spent our 60th anniversary there in January 2008. The facility is better than ever - - always improvements. But it is the staff that does it. From our first contact with them they were most helpful, friendly and kind, and a joy to talk with wherever we met them. The room, the food, and the amenities are superb.

We are so glad we returned again, and we will go back for sure.

1 Thank Carryl