“Affordable, low-intensity destination resort.”
Review of The Oaks at Ojai

and 1 more site!
The Oaks at Ojai
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ojai
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Not for those who need a highly structured, boot camp style environment. That said, I had a great time and the food was fantastic. Fitness classes and hikes were outstanding. Atmosphere really encourages you to meet new friends.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Fabulous, just what is needed to relax! Spent the day, exercising and relaxing. Great food.
went to bed tired and got a great night sleep

staff is friend and pushes you as hard as you want to be pushed. Great for all ages!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had a great massage, swim/hot tub, foot care and great lite healthy meals in the the center of town. Birthday gift from my wife. Great Gift! It was a wonderful day to spend with my wife. The building is beautiful and close to everything ojai.

Room Tip: Day trip...did not spend the night
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recently spent 4 nights at The Oaks. This was my seconds visit, the first several years ago. This was like summer camp for adults. They served delicious healthy meals and snacks and there were many activities and classes to participate in. I found the entire staff extremely nice and welcoming. We chose a cottage rather than a room in the main building. This is a great way to kick start a healthy lifestyle. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Michelle5835
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We really enjoy going to the Oaks Health spa and the laid back feeling everyone has. Ojai is a nice town and we really enjoy the staff and meeting fellow guests that travel from all around the world to be at the spa.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I spent 7 days recently at the Oaks.. I have been researching facilitlies of this kind for awhile, a place where fitness and diet are the focus. One also in a nice environment and affordable were 2 of my other main criteria for this venture. I LOVED the oaks! It was definetely one of the most affordable spa/resorts of its kind that i found. It was like camp for women! We were all on a 1200 calorie a day food plan, I wont even say diet because the food was delicious! i would say i ended up loving at least 90% of what was served. And there were always alternate options if you didnt like what was on the menu..but i never opted for that. Every morning offered 3 hikes of varying levels of fitness, then a full schedule of exercise classes all day! Everything from zumba to bootcamp classes all taught by very cool instructors.
I went alone and chose to have a roommate. This could have been a scary proposition, but was just fine.. my roommate was close in age to me, and we got alot just fine..in fact i made a new friend.
The facility is definitely no frills, but all very clean and efficient. This is probably part of why the cost is affordable. I was very impressed by the constant efforts to recycle and stay green, they recommended writing your name on your plastic cups, and using the same towel for the day etc.. i appreciate these efforts. Shelia the owner was on site almost every day, she is amazing! almost 80 and still teaching classes and mingling with her guests constantly!
Im an avid exerciser, but tried many forms of new exercise and loved that!
Most of the women have been coming there for years and i will become one of them.. i cant wait to go back next year!

Room Tip: the rooms on the street side have balcony's but it can be alittle loud.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank shootmelaura
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I grew up in this lovely town and came back to visit with my boyfriend. We arranged to stay at The Oaks and when we let Peter the General Manager know we worked in hospitality in NYC and we shared a few laughs about our industry. We had a fireplace and a patio and even a private place to lay out in the sun. The suite was as large as our apartment in the New York City area. The front desk staff had all our paper work waiting for us as we came into the hotel fairly late. The service from our housekeeper, the cooks, front desk, and management was spotless. We enjoyed staying in for one of the evening programs and appreciate how relaxed the atmosphere of the Oaks is for the guests. It was affordable, low key and in a beautiful setting. We will certainly be seeing you Maria, Oatley, Maura and all those we missed this time around.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JuTravels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ojai
1 mi away
Ojai Valley Inn
Ojai Valley Inn
#1 of 5 in Ojai
Emerald Iguana Inn

Been to The Oaks at Ojai? Share your experiences!