“Fine Motel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Scotts Valley, California
“Fine Motel”
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I don't do reviews, I like this place, it was the second time I have been there. My girlfriend was next door with her husband and we were going back and forth, someone complained about the foot steps. It was too bad. And this time I found the staff to be just a bit cranky. Not so good. Next time we meet friends in Ojai, I will shop around. Nice place, clean, moderate breakfast, probably will give it another chance. Next time we will ask for rooms away from other guests so we are not asked to hush at 9:00 pm on a Sat. night.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Reviewed November 17, 2010

It's a motel. It's a mile from the center of town, so closer than the nicer hotels. But because it's a motel you get motel guests and folks who think they are in high school. The noise was so loud, it wS a pain to stay. Noise was partly because the walls were so thin I could hear every conversation happening outside or next door, or when people walked pass my room ( which sounded like a rattling piece of thin particle board); partly also because the people were inconsiderate (in a loud voice at 10 pm, "let's go to the hot tub!"). There was no bed and breakfast situation going on here. The decor is better than a motel 6. the heater is uncontrolled, you have to get up and turn it off during the night because there's no temperature regulator. The sheets were decent--white, clean. Staff initially seemed annoyed by my complaints bur were helpful, though they weren't helpful n finding hikes or a breakfast place.

If i did it again, I'd stay at the blue iguana (which is only 30 more per night) or pay more and stay at the lavender inn where you get an amazing breakfast and are in the heart of town. Or I'd splurge and stay at the ojai inn and spa. A quiet night's sleep is well worth it.

• Stayed November 2010
Lake Arrowhead, California
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Very clean, good price, walk to trolley stop. Continental breakfast was good and had a nice variety. Rooms were spacious with refrigerator, which I love. Would stay there again. Eco friendly is definitely a plus!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed October 21, 2010

My wife and I stayed in Ojai for our 10-yr anniversary and were looking for reasonable accommodations. The Casa Ojai Inn offered just what we needed. The room was very clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast provided a decent quick meal in the morning. The only regret we had is that our room, 108, was next to the Housekeeping office and we had difficulty sleeping in in the morning due to noise as the staff was setting up their carts just outside our door. Otherwise it's very quiet at night. Next time we go there we would just request a different room. Had we brought our kids, they would have enjoyed the pool and hot tub. We spent several hours hiking just above the valley floor in the hills and walking around downtown during Ojai Day (every 3rd Saturday of each month). Downtown Ojai is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 2SLOtravelers
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 14, 2010

This hotel was pretty standard as far as they come, yet above average of what I would have expected for the cheap price we paid. Very clean rooms and pool, nice staff, great little treats such as tea and cookies. The pool was nice but right along the road so we didn't feel like we wanted to spend any time relaxing by it as it wasn't very private. Breakfast was provided but all breads, cereals, and flavored oatmeal. There was some hard boiled eggs. I would have liked the option of as least some fresh fruit, juice, cold water or maybe some yogurt, things that I usually find pretty standard at continental breakfasts.

The rooms were nice, even a little fridge, which didn't work, but I'm sure would have been fixed if we had asked. Everything was clean, lots of space to put clothes away and spacious room to walk around. I really like that they are trying to go more "green" by using soup dispensers instead of bottles. That may not be as elegant, but it's much better for the environment which I fully support.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others who are looking for clean, inexpensive, well located, place to stay while seeing the beautiful town of Ojai.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank devoroony
London, UK
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights at the Casa Ojai Inn with two children. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. You can take the breakfast next to the pool in the morning and it's quite ok. Unfortuntately, we booked two rooms under two different names and hence they did not realise that we would have like to have the rooms next to each other (and booking.com did not pass on our request either). If you are happy to share a queen bed, one room would actually have been enough.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed September 7, 2010

When my wife and I got to the room it appeared acceptable... However, as our stay ticked on it proved that this establishment was not as advertised. First, as we lay watching TV, we began to hear water dripping in the bathroom. When I went to investigate, I found a stream of water coming from the ceiling over the bathtub (this from the running shower above us). I went to the front desk to report this and the friendly receptionist said she'd look into this. My thought was that they would find another room for us, or discount our bill. But instead, she dispatched a plumber at 7pm. I strongly echoed a "no" on this since I didn't not pay to have a plumber intrude on our stay at 7pm. As the night went on the A/C would not stay on (making me constantly recycle the unit for cool air). My wife and I got little sleep as the occupants above us sounded like a sumo wrestlers going at it, not to mention the (loud) traffic zooming down the blvd at all hours of the night - then there was the drunk female (at midnight) yelling on her cell phone just outside our door. All of this 'action' was far from a pleasant stay. The final blow came when we got up in the morning and my wife wanted to make coffee. She opened the coffee pot door to pour water in it, only to find a layer of dirt in the reservoir- yuck!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alpine18
Ojai_Now, General Manager at Casa Ojai Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2010
Thank you so much for your feedback, we really do appreciate it. I do remember your situation and it was a terrible unforeseen situation. I was called from home and came to the office immediately as we also called in a plumber. We were sold out that night so I am sorry we were unable to move you but that still does not help your situation, so I will look into this situation immediately and will be contacting you directly to give you my apologies.

Jim Johnson,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ojai
The Capri
Blue Iguana Inn
Blue Iguana Inn
#2 of 9 in Ojai
Emerald Iguana Inn

Been to Casa Ojai Inn? Share your experiences!