“Ojai weekend”
Review of Blue Iguana Inn

Blue Iguana Inn
Ranked #2 of 9 Ojai B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Our stay at the Blue Iguana was a pleasant surprise. We came to town for our son's wedding and picked the Blue Iguana for our stay on his recommendation. The grounds are very nice. The room was superb! The staff was very accommodating and helpful. We would love to stay here again. After a long trip over from Wisconsin we enjoyed the area tremendously. Thanks for providing us with warm weather after being in the single digits for the long winter the 70s were a welcome change.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have several clients in Ojai so I'm there every month or so. I always stay at the Blue Iguana. The rooms are all nicely appointed, beautifully maintained, cozy, and spacious. I'm very picky about noise, so I usually ask for a room in the back of the property, but even the ones in the front are fine. I'm also very picky about scent, and the rooms always smell fresh - I don't know what they use to achieve that, but it's heavenly! Some of the rooms have full kitchens and some kitchenettes, so be sure to ask for what you need. The beds are very comfortable. I often have to depart before the staff opens the front office but they just send me my receipt by email and it couldn't be easier. Although the Blue Iguana isn't right in the heart of Ojai, the experience and value make it a great choice.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a beautiful well maintained property just a few miles outside the heart of Ojai. We booked at the last minute and there was only one of the basic rooms left. It was comfortable and nicely appointed albeit a bit small, but for $159 a night it was a deal. The staff was friendly and accommodating. When we came back from dinner it was dark and the property was lit up and enchanted appearing. While we did not use the pool or hot tub it was very clean appearing and had an array of seating areas around it. We also really appreciated the hotels quiet policy. If you choose to stay there I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We arrived tired and frustrated after an uncomfortable stay at a hotel in Carpinteria. When we got to the Blue Iguana, we found an oasis. The rooms are beautiful and welcoming to a couple of writers and artists looking to escape Los Angeles. It's a short trip into the welcoming and quaint downtown but truthfully, we didn't even want to leave the room. We ordered in delicious pizza, took walks around the property and meditated in the hot tub. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hans L
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Everything was great. Friendly people at reception, beautiful grounds, generous breakfast and restful in spite of the busy street. Dog friendly which is important to me. I usually stay at the Emerald Iguana but I think I like Blue better especially since I can travel with my dog.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary Jo C
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Clean quiet, convenient to town, nice layout for breakfast. We stayed in one of he lesser priced rooms and literally got there at 1 .a.m. and left at 10 a.m., just driving through. The propertyl ooked great for a longer stay maybe down the road.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The Blue Iguana Inn, Suites & Vacation Cottages in Ojai, California is a beautiful boutique Inn with everything from hotel size rooms to large party villas.The staff is exceptional and the property is easily accessible and quite reasonable.There is an outdoor pool and Jacuzzi on the premises and a free continental breakfast is served every morning. They offer free WiFi and accommodate children and pets.Their sister Inn - Emerald Iguana Inn is more secluded and does not accept children or pets

Room Tip: Ask at the front desk for coupons to use the neighboring Ojai Valley Inn & Spa fitness center.an...