Blue Iguana Inn
$90
$61
$149
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$119
$84
$81
Crystal Lodge Motel(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$79
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfull kitchendel solhacienda suitebusy roadcontinental breakfastking suitelarge bedroomstreet noisethe breakfast areaaway from the roadtables and chairssitting areacomfortable bedpool and jacuzzibeautiful landscapinghard boiled eggsliving room
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is an adorable, dog-friendly hotel in Ojai. It's reasonably priced. The property is slightly out of town, but it is easy to get into town. We had our dog with us and she was allowed in most of the hotel. The pool is really cute and the grounds are fantastic. Our room was in the back of the property so it was serene and quiet. Overall, would definitely recommend this property.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I only stayed 1 night with my kids , but here are a few things that I noticed during our stay of our particular room.

I gave it a 4 rating because of our particular room....Other rooms may be better than #9 which was our bungalow room, and that is why I would not hesitate to give the Blue Iguana Inn another try as I will be returning frequently to visit my daughter, and this is a lovely well maintained property.

Pros:

1. Beautiful maintained grounds, and quaint bungalow style rooms with nice furnishings.

2. Nice continental breakfast...the juice , yogurt, pastries were decent.....but I'll put the con here....almost nothing to really eat if you have have diabetes, or need a gluten free diet except fruit, and hard boiled eggs.

3. Lovely pool area with a Jacuzzi to sit outside in the evening or afternoon.

4. Even though the Inn sits right off the main road rooms were very Quiet....they have a 9:30 pm no disturbance rule, which was lovely as well.

Cons:

1. Gravel drive way makes getting luggage to your room difficult, this could also be a problem if you have any physical limitations, and use a walker, cane, or wheel chair. Also I did not see any rooms in the front that did not have stairs, but there are rooms in the back that I believe did not have stairs. Ask before booking if you can't navigate a few steps and the gravel.

2. The beds in #9 the Blue Iguana Inns cheapest and smallest room ( I believe) were soft and uncomfortable for both my daughter and I who have arthritis and back problems.

3. The shower in our room was small, and the shower head needed to be changed very badly.

4. Pretty far from central Ojai town if you want to just walk around a bit, or get a bite to eat without driving.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelwithnise
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife, our beagle and I have stayed at the Blue Iguana Inn during the past four Labor Day weekends. That alone should tell you that we really like the place.
The Inn has a kind of inner beauty where one must stay there to appreciate it. The King Suites are large and beyond comfortable. The staff of the Inn does everything possible to make one's stay as pleasant as possible. Those are the reasons why I gave the Inn a five star rating and why we return every year.
As for Ojai - it's a neat little town with more than it's share of outstanding restaurants, interesting shops and easy parking. The surrounding mountains are breathtaking. The town has more than it's share of great hiking trails and 2 really good golf courses - Soule Park which is inexpensive and public and the Ojai Valley Inn which is a world class course.
Combining the Blue Iguana Inn with Ojai gives us the opportunity to drive just a little more than an hour from Los Angeles while allowing us to enjoy a very different world.

Room Tip: Check out the Inn's website as it does a good job describing every room.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Fifteen years ago, in September 1997, my sweetheart and I were married in the very special town of Ojai. We wanted family and friends around us to share our joy over a four-day period, so we needed to find a place large enough to accommodate our gang, elegant enough to honor them, and informal enough to allow for lots of communal fun. Luckily, the perfect inn had just opened its doors. The gorgeous Blue Iguana, situated at the very gateway of Ojai, filled the bill in all respects: the perfect launching pad for our marriage!
Imagine my delight when my dear friend James (whom I didn't yet know well at the time I was married), informed me that he had become engaged; that the wedding would take place this year in Ojai in September; and that he had chosen The Blue Iguana to accommodate his family and friends over a 4-day weekend! He had no idea beforehand that we had stayed there too! What better way to celebrate our own 15th anniversary than by returning to the Iguana to celebrate this new marriage?
Well, I am pleased and moved to report that The Blue Iguana not only lived up to, but decisively surpassed our memories and expectations. The lodgings have been expanded, the grounds have grown in and been artistically landscaped, and the original design concept has been retained and refined. The result is, in my opinion, worthy of four stars. There are rooms now for every need, from cozy singles to capacious cottages for families. Private and public courtyards and patios abound; the pool and hot tub are still irresistible; and a (to us) new breakfast room provides a B&B style repast every morning. Our room, number 101, was (to us) palatial, with its French doors overlooking the back lawn, its quiet conversation between hardwood and tiled floors, its complete and efficient kitchen, all that closet space, convenient parking just out the side door, and, at the far end of this boxcar-style apartment, a cool, quiet bedroom and acres of bed. (A word to the wise: 101 is also the closest room to the breakfast area.)
Finally, the service was beyond reproach, as was the hospitality. I'd reminded management that our wedding party had been the first large group ever to book the Inn; so when we arrived, we found a box of special chocolates, a bottle of champagne, and a lovely card welcoming us back.
What more can I say but "We'll be back again!"

Room Tip: Read my review: 101's the one!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Iguanapwr1, Owner at Blue Iguana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Neo-Pausanias,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about your recent stay with us at the Blue Iguana. It is wonderful for us to receive such great feedback, especially from someone that has stayed with us from the beginning. We are glad you had a excellent anniversary weekend and look forward to having you return in the future.
All the best,
Julia W.
Owner/Manager

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Our stay was in the Casita Del Sol, a little house with a backyard that is landscaped with beautiful flowers and fenced. The perfect place for a couple with a dog. The house is well furnished and very clean. The entire property is exquisite. I highly recommend this cottage.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the noise of the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple