“The relaxing Ojai retreat”
Review of Ojai Retreat

Ojai Retreat
Ranked #3 of 9 Ojai B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 30, 2008

I stayed at the Ojai retreat (a B&B) for 2 nights about a week ago. It was my hope to really relax due to a very hectic work schedule. I didn't want to drive far or spend a lot of money. The rates are very reasonable here. I did stay in a room which shared a bathroom, but nobody else rented the other room while I was there, so that was an added benefit. However, I think if I go there again, I will opt to spend a bit more to have a private bathroom. Their website accurately described the room I stayed in and the others I spent time in (Quiet Room/Main Room). The morning Continental style breakfasts were very good and offerred a lot of variety. The main room (where breakfasts are set up) have 3 walls of windows looking out on some of the beautiful property. The owners played beautiful relaxing music in the mornings in this main room. I spent time in this room later in the day, reading. The retreat is situated on a hill which has views of the Ojai valley and mountains. The landscaping at the retreat is lovely. It was quick drive to the city of Ojai where the shops are. Everyone working at the retreat were helpful and kind and I felt welcomed. I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo

Reviewed November 16, 2008

I came to Ojai for a seminar and stayed at The Ojai Retreat. I found it to be one of the best Inns I've ever visited, and fully reflects the beauty of the Ojai Valley. It offers spacious and tastefully decorated rooms, and I was very comfortable and enjoyed amazing views from my room and the outdoor landscaped terrace overlooking the mountains. This place is calming and ideal for retreats and/or time out and away, to relax and regenerate. The breakfast was made of delicious organic fruit, granola, yogurt, baked goods, and a variety of hot drinks and juice (all included!) When I was planning my trip, and after researching a dozen of other places in Ojai I found that, for what it offered and the price point of the different rooms and cottages, the Ojai Retreat offered amazing value. I highly reccommend it.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed November 10, 2008

Ojai is a magical and tranquil destination with the Love of Meher Baba everywhere. Our recently built cabin was very comfortable and the staff is always warm and friendly. The Ojai Retreat is our favorite destination to unwind from the city and go deep within oneself and be ONE.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2008

Just back from a 4 week trip through California/Nevada and would like to send this review to all fellow travellers. Ojai retreat was definitely one of the highlights on our trip. Everything just perfect, the tranquility of the place, friendliness of staff, interior of the rooms, we really fell in love with the place.
The lady at the reception (unfortunately I forgot her name, sorry) was extremely helpful with any request we had, e.g. my wife and I are keen golfers and had to organize our golf outings on the local golf courses she helped us with directions, booking the tee times,etc., to use the same words: just perfect. Thanks again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2008

This is a very unique facility. Rooms are arranged in buildings with two or three rooms each. Most rooms are large and very comfortable with a nice seating area outside with a great view. Be aware, there are no phones, TV's, or other noise makers, which is part of the charm of the place. The staff is very friendly without being intrusive. I have stayed there twice in the past two months and enjoyed it both times and will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2008

the ojai retreat center is a wonderful find. the property is lovely, the staff is kind and helpful, the rooms are comfy and private. i first discovered the place several years ago and try to come back every few months or so for a night or two of peace and relaxation. my husband came with me two times ago and did not want to leave. the prices are very reasonable and the location convenient to shops and restaurants.

my only complaint is the fold out couch in bella vista, which is not particularly comfortable as a second bed. otherwise, my visits have all been perfect.

karen k

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2008

As the property's name implies it is a getaway retreat. The room and bath accommodations were delightfully fresh, clean and inviting. Perfect for a short or long stay -- we were there 2 nights. Sitting outside in the early evening sipping wine was a delight as we looked out at the beautiful countryside. No phones or TV's in room were a nice change, although they need to extend wireless internet access to all rooms. Breakfast of juices, fruit, granola, breads, bagels, tea and great coffee was a good start each moring. Would have liked some yogurt, but that's being picky. Only complaint was the stark interruption to the peace and quiet when the athletic field at the bottom of the hill erupted in annoying teeny-bopper screaming during soccer practice.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple