“Love this place”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I love wine, and am always looking for a good tasting.Having a daughter who lives close to wine country has spoiled me. Unfortunately I'm always comparing. Movino was not disappointing, but refreshing. I would definitely do it again

Reviewed August 1, 2012

What a taste treat -- ordering three wines to taste! This is a cozy warm wine bar -- with very friendly servers and customers.

Reviewed April 3, 2010

Large selection of wines with plenty of local selections. Flights are well-chosen. Nice scene. Music on most nights. Food can be very good. The Mediterranean plate is out favorite. Pizzas are very tasty on crusty flatbread. Worth visiting.

Reviewed April 5, 2009

My friend and I "defected" from the Ojai Oaks...which is wonderful...but, hey. we wanted a glass of wine. We found Movino and each had a Pinot flight of local wines. They were good...not great....but the place was charming, friendly and I wanted to stay all night. Diana Krall concert on the TV..with great sound system. Interesting art, friendly people. Loved it. So, we "defected" again the next night, but this time, for dinner as well.

I sighed as I entered. There is something comforting about the place. It feels like a big hug. There's a fountain, the jazz, cushy love seats if you don't want a table. a beautiful bar, plaster walls...mmmmm. The owner, Suzy, helped us both nights. She welcomed us back, remembering us from the night before. By the time the night was over, we hugged and I felt like a regular. I actually took pictures of the place so I could show my husband back at home.

I had the Pear and Blue Cheese Quesedilla which was interesting and filling. The accompanying salad was a little too drenched in vinegarette which was a little too sharp with the wine we were drinking. Overall, quite good.

Good wine list.

PSSSSS for the Hollywood fans.....Alicia Silverstone was spotted here..............

Reviewed January 25, 2009

We went in last night. We sat down at a nice table and waited and waited and waited. Nobody even acknowledged our presence. So we got up and left. Very short handed.