See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We were surprised by our kids with this beautiful rental for our anniversary. The place is magnificent, all the hidden details, such masterful heart obviously went into the building of this paradise. We absolutely fell in love with the outdoor dinning/ tiki / bungalow / fire area. We spent every night star gazing as we have never seen. Ojai has very little outside light interference so we were able to remember what its like to actually see stars in the black sky. Being from LA this was priceless. The Co. was more than accommodating with all there extra help & hints of what to do where to go. We felt cared for more than just here''s the key BYE.. We loved it, this is really an a++ rental & the town was really charming and the nights of stars well, unforgettable.......XOXO

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2010

My husband & I are always looking for new and unique experiences and accommodations when we travel. We usually spend a great deal of time & money to find them. That is why we were shocked when we discovered this magnificent paradise less than a two hour drive from home!!!! The Rolling Thunder Ranch is so idyllic, its almost like like being on a movie set! You'll think you died and went to heaven! It is so peaceful and serene that one can't help but instantly fall under its spell, and completely relax. For us, it will always hold a special place in our hearts because it is the last place we took our precious 14-year old Lab before he passed away. He had an absolute blast running around freely and exploring the entire property. It was a truly magical vacation for us all. Jerry & Lisa have worked to create the most spectacular vacation rentals I've ever seen. We can't wait to return!!

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2010

My husband had a wonderful and relaxing time here. the tropical gardens and landscaping were a sight to behold. I flet like I was in another part of the world!We both came to Rolling Thunder to get plenty of rest along with a tranquil setting. What a sight to behold. It is a definte must see for all!

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2010

This home is owned by Jerry and Lisa Kenton and managed by Dave Navarro (the 7th property manager the Kentons have employed in under 2 years). The business is called Enchanted Vacation Rentals. The Kentons own many other vacation properties in the Ojai area and list them under the EVR name. They also own the Deer Lodge, which has tasty food with awful service (kind of like the vacation homes...beautiful settings with dreadful owners).

Frankly, I don't know how anyone ever books with them because they don't keep their appointments and they don't return phone calls. My fiance and I attempted to book the Rolling Thunder Ranch for a week leading up to our Ojai wedding as a place for us to stay with our immediate families.

When I first contacted Dave Navarro about the property, he told me it was booked over the weekend of my wedding, but since we wanted a week long rental, the owner would force an "upgrade" on the listed guests to another property so EVR could get 2 rentals. Seemed very unfair to the renters, but I went along with it...until Dave started flaking on every single phone call I made.

I scheduled a visit up to Ojai just so my fiance and I could meet the owner and sign a contract for Rolling Thunder. EVR was even going to put us up at the property for free. When we got to Ojai we learned we could not stay at the property because the current guests decided to stay an extra day. We had to pay for a hotel unexpectedly.

The next morning Jerry Kenton did not come to our scheduled appointment. When we finally tracked Dave Navarro down at another EVR property, he didn't even remember we wanted Rolling Thunder for a week and gave us a quote for 2 days only. We also learned no one had been staying at the Ranch the night before, it was just a case of the owners not wanting to be inconvenienced with a cleaning fee.

It was sad to let go of my dream of staying at the lovely ranch, but who can risk the possibility that the house you rent for a week is going to become strangely "unavailable" at the 11th hour? Especially during the week of a wedding!

Basically the Kentons are very wealthy, extremely flaky, terrible business owners, and have a bit of a monopoly on the vacay rental industry in Ojai. Too bad for the people who have to deal with them on a regular basis. They certainly make Ojai seem like an unpleasant place to visit.

Date of stay: April 2010
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
19  Thank MineralNotes
Reviewed July 21, 2009

We have stayed in many homes in Ojai but this one
stood out from others. We have never had a more relaxing time. A
beautiful house and an even better view the tropical ambiance is undescribable. I recommend you bring alot of food because once your in you wont want to leave. Also the home has 2 spas and a gorgeous black bottom pool. I would also recommend
a long stay cause time will really fly. A good week will give you the right amount of time for everything.

I hope you enjoy staying in this magnificent home with your whole
family.