“Great Tapas!”

Azu Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Azu Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 96 Restaurants in Ojai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fox St.
Transit: Bus stop across the street.
Description: We at Azu believe the best dishes are made from fresh ingredients. We look to the local farmers that we know grow quality organic and natural produce, that help give our menu that special California twist. Our bar menu is filled with craft cocktails with juices squeezed right from Ojai's citrus orchards where are bartenders hand pick fruit to help make the perfect mimosa, martini's, and Richies famous Bloody Mary. We love supporting our California wineries, breweries, farmers, and hormone free companies. We buy locally and organically whenever possible and strive to add a California twist to our Spanish inspired menu. For over 10 years, Owner and Chef Laurel Moore has taken this inspiration and has created a ambiance and menu that has the feel of a mediterranean retreat, authentic destination, and local Ojai escape. We strive to provide the tastiest and freshest ingredients while preparing our dishes with the pure natural flavor of farm driven produce and flavors. We offer organic, vegan, Paleo, gluten free, vegetarian, and other dietary restricted options as well as healthy nutritional options for kids. Our dishes are designed to meet the needs of Everyone who walks through our historic doors. We cater to couples nights out, large parties and receptions, wedding events, Happy Hour connoisseurs, anniversary celebrations, outdoor dining, Tapas tastings, wine tastings, beer samplings, corporate events, and have a wide variety of Tapas and Celebration menus to choose from. Whether you are looking to escape from the hustle bustle of the city or are an Ojai local in need of a special night out. Our destination style atmosphere and farm fresh California Tapas, fresh juice cocktails, and local wine and beer, is the perfect place to find sanctuary within a culinary inspired establishment.
Pasadena, California
“Great Tapas!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We enjoyed Azu so much that we went back again! We had brie with honey, proscuttio and manchego cheese with figs, calamarai (that is gluten-free made with rice - Tasty!), prawns, and hummus w/pita. I had the fabulous lavender lemonade mimosa - I loved it so much I even went out and purchased the lavender lemonade so I can make at home! (store in town called "Made in Ojai". The bread that they serve is sooo good you could fill up on just that, but make sure you try their tapas as all were very good. The service could definitaly improve - both times very slow service but I think that's just the vibe in Ojai. We sat outside with our dog so that was a plus for us!

Ojai, California
“Great food, poor service”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

With several friends I went to Azu about 5:30 on Tuesday night, December 17th. Not at all busy. I arrived early and started on a beer at the bar before I was driven out by loud f-bombs. Not pleasant.

Our dinner all started well though the ordering of food and drink was a little slow. The food was super, I was in heaven. But then when I had almost finished my tapas I realized that the woman sitting next to me STILL didn't have her food. One of my companions finally flagged a bus person and – a half an hour late – the food headed toward our table. The wait person offered the food for free, but it was refused – we only had about 20 minutes before we needed to leave. Maybe the wait person didn't say anything to management, but why was a manager not there to offer real apologies?

I felt miserable and guilty, having eaten when sitting next to a person who had no food. The only recourse would be to withhold some part of the tip, but we had a mandatory 18% tip. We had requested separate checks, the wait person refused to do that (“it's easier this way, just as cheap, blah blah.” )

I might go back to Azu sometime – the food I had was really super, but will never go unless I have a separate check. BAD SERVICE, careless management.

Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic Food, Friendly Service”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Had a delightful dinner celebrating my sister's birthday. Chic, yet unpretentious vibe. everything we tried in this tapas-style restaurants was fabulous. Stand outs were the paella, Kale Salad, Cabra Salad and the bacon-wrapped dates. Our server was a really sweet gal named Daron, who provided fantastic service. We happened to be visiting after the horrible typhoon in the Philippines and it was nice to see that Azu was donating some of the proceeds from the dinner to the cause. Will definitely make a point of visiting again when in Ojai.

• Visited November 2013
Santa Barbara, California
“Worth the trip from any where!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We often go up to Ojai, CA for a little getaway. It is tucked away in a little valley just above Ventura, CA. This restaurant will provide you with superbly prepared food and smiling well prepared servers. My wife and I were just there and had one of the finest meals we have ever eaten. Keep looking and way at the bottom of the menu you will see 'seafood paella'. I will have no doubt that you will find it to be the finest you have ever eaten! The chef knows just how to mix a terrific paella and then adds all the perfectly prepared seafood to it as well as a sauce that will make your taste buds sing. The bread they serve with it is home made and hard to stop eating. My wife had red wine and I had white from a South American vineyard. It was Happy Hour so it only cost us $4.00 per glass. A meal that was one of the best bargains ever in every sense of the word!

New York, NY
“Fun and tasty”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Always something to find tasty - from baked brie to
excellent salads to paella - something for everyone and
also a fun, comfortable, friendly and perfect Ojai expereience.

• Visited November 2013