“Exceptional & Charming Dining Experience!”

Azu Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Azu Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 96 Restaurants in Ojai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fox St.
Transit: Bus stop across the street.
Description: We at Azu believe the best dishes are made from fresh ingredients. We look to the local farmers that we know grow quality organic and natural produce, that help give our menu that special California twist. Our bar menu is filled with craft cocktails with juices squeezed right from Ojai's citrus orchards where are bartenders hand pick fruit to help make the perfect mimosa, martini's, and Richies famous Bloody Mary. We love supporting our California wineries, breweries, farmers, and hormone free companies. We buy locally and organically whenever possible and strive to add a California twist to our Spanish inspired menu. For over 10 years, Owner and Chef Laurel Moore has taken this inspiration and has created a ambiance and menu that has the feel of a mediterranean retreat, authentic destination, and local Ojai escape. We strive to provide the tastiest and freshest ingredients while preparing our dishes with the pure natural flavor of farm driven produce and flavors. We offer organic, vegan, Paleo, gluten free, vegetarian, and other dietary restricted options as well as healthy nutritional options for kids. Our dishes are designed to meet the needs of Everyone who walks through our historic doors. We cater to couples nights out, large parties and receptions, wedding events, Happy Hour connoisseurs, anniversary celebrations, outdoor dining, Tapas tastings, wine tastings, beer samplings, corporate events, and have a wide variety of Tapas and Celebration menus to choose from. Whether you are looking to escape from the hustle bustle of the city or are an Ojai local in need of a special night out. Our destination style atmosphere and farm fresh California Tapas, fresh juice cocktails, and local wine and beer, is the perfect place to find sanctuary within a culinary inspired establishment.
Los Angeles, CA
“Exceptional & Charming Dining Experience!”
Reviewed May 21, 2008

My dining experiences at Azu have been nothing less than exceptional. Azu is charming. It offers unique dishes and fine wine at a reasonable price and provides an atmosphere fit for a casual or fancy dining experience. I frequently visit Azu and have celebrated two birthdays there. The wait-staff is attentive and the owner is personable. Although all the dishes have been exceptional, I recommend the stuffed dates, chilean sea bass and the berry tartlet!

New York City
“The Best Of the West!”
Reviewed May 21, 2008

AZU SETS THE BAR! As a NYC native, I am intimately familiar with the cost fine dining and I found Azu to be quite a deal for a top-notch "dining experience". It would suffice to say that the food is incredible, the menu is original, and the presentation is unique. But, it would be an injustice if I didn't mention the attentive wait-staff, and the intimate atmosphere that complete the "dining experience." This restaurant is more that just great food, but if you are having trouble deciding, you won’t go wrong with the delicious tapas, the filet, or the baby pork chops (my favorite). I recommend finishing with the chocolate truffle cake or cappuccino cake. Anytime my personal or professional travels bring me to Santa Barbara, Ventura, or even LA, I always budget time for a drive to Ojai to visit Azu!

w. Palm Beach
“Great Choice in Ojai”
Reviewed May 21, 2008

Thank goodness Azu came to town. Azu is a welcome addition to the cuisine choices Ojai had available. We travel to Ojai frequently and we have eaten at Azu many times and enjoy the delicious food choices. The quality and taste of the food has been superb and the service delightful. No complaints here. The furnishings are cozy and have so much character. We love the bars and bar backs. A "Cheers" with class! Also, we have enjoyed private parties and special occasions where the entire restaurant was hired, and it went off without a hitch. Prices seem quite in line with other restaurants of this caliber. As we all know, prices are going up and the small businessman has to adjust to survive.
Dustin & Victoria Grimes, W. Palm Beach, FL

Toronto-Vancouver
“Excellent dining”
Reviewed May 12, 2008

My husband and I had an excellent meal at Azu. The food was as advertised at www.azuojai.com. Family-run place in renovated historic building. Check out the ornate bars.

Long Beach
“A great place to eat!”
Reviewed April 22, 2008

If you are looking for a great place to eat, great ambience and good service -head to Azu in Ojai, CA. I have been eating at this resteraunt since it opened and I am constantly amazed at the variety of wonderful foods to choose from. Owner, Laurel Moore, has done an amazing job of creating great recipes along with a very cosmopolitan atmosphere. My favorite are her dates, the calamari bilbao and the finnochio salad. One of the thiings that I admire about this resteraunt is their willingness to listen to their customers and make changes accordingly which is why I believe this resteraunt has thrived!