“Nice Place”

Azu Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Azu Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 96 Restaurants in Ojai
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fox St.
Transit: Bus stop across the street.
Description: We at Azu believe the best dishes are made from fresh ingredients. We look to the local farmers that we know grow quality organic and natural produce, that help give our menu that special California twist. Our bar menu is filled with craft cocktails with juices squeezed right from Ojai's citrus orchards where are bartenders hand pick fruit to help make the perfect mimosa, martini's, and Richies famous Bloody Mary. We love supporting our California wineries, breweries, farmers, and hormone free companies. We buy locally and organically whenever possible and strive to add a California twist to our Spanish inspired menu. For over 10 years, Owner and Chef Laurel Moore has taken this inspiration and has created a ambiance and menu that has the feel of a mediterranean retreat, authentic destination, and local Ojai escape. We strive to provide the tastiest and freshest ingredients while preparing our dishes with the pure natural flavor of farm driven produce and flavors. We offer organic, vegan, Paleo, gluten free, vegetarian, and other dietary restricted options as well as healthy nutritional options for kids. Our dishes are designed to meet the needs of Everyone who walks through our historic doors. We cater to couples nights out, large parties and receptions, wedding events, Happy Hour connoisseurs, anniversary celebrations, outdoor dining, Tapas tastings, wine tastings, beer samplings, corporate events, and have a wide variety of Tapas and Celebration menus to choose from. Whether you are looking to escape from the hustle bustle of the city or are an Ojai local in need of a special night out. Our destination style atmosphere and farm fresh California Tapas, fresh juice cocktails, and local wine and beer, is the perfect place to find sanctuary within a culinary inspired establishment.
Denver, Colorado
“Nice Place”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Had a very enjoyable dinner. The small plates are generous and everything well done. Nice atmosphere and attentive wait staff. We received an incorrect entree but it was quickly corrected and handled very nicely with complementary dessert. 30 percent off wine on Monday!

Visited April 2013

connecticut
“flavorful variety”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

just had dinner at azu with my wife and adult daughter. we shared a variety of small plates, as well as a larger salad and an entree. the dishes were all well prepared and flavorful. the mussels and the mushroom ravioli were standouts, and the chile relleno unique. highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
Santa Maria, California
“Great food and service”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great place for dinner - our hostess was very friendly, the rolls were wonderful & warm, we had the seafood paella, and the artichoke caprese appetizer - both were wonderful. You have to try Laura's Mojito - the BEST drink I've ever had.

Visited March 2013
Thousand Oaks, California
“Beautiful anniversary dinner”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had an amazing dinner at Azu.
Everything was perfect.

We made reservations over open table and when we arrived we were seated immediately. Our server Richie was very attentive. We ordered the vegetable Paella as an appetizer and it was delicious, very fresh with a unique taste to it. I ordered a lemonade and int was probably one of the best lemonades I have ever had (and I drink a lot of lemonade :) ). My boyfriend had the sea bass and I had the roasted chicken and both our meals were delicious. For dessert we chose the chocolate souffle, which was served hot, with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. For me the highlight of the dinner.

On top of that, everything is prepared with local, organic ingredients, which makes it even better.

If you are in or around Ojai, make sure and stop by, I can only recommend it.

• Visited February 2013
Logan, Utah
“Terrific varied food”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The best paella I've ever had. There were a dozen things I wanted to order and share with my companion. If this restaurant were in my home town, I'd choose it every week. Excellent.

Visited February 2013