“Nice place for lunch”

Ranked #14 of 97 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Upscale casual dining. Updated patio to enjoy great meals and friendly service.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Came here as soon as I arrived in Ojai for lunch. Had a very good BLT on toasted sour dough with added avocado, with great crispy fries. Good service, with my drink replenished as needed. Many locals were also eating here on a weekday, late time for lunch. I regret not coming again after getting a disappointing sandwich the next day, at a higher price, from a new gourmet deli on the main drag.

1  Thank KLD101
There are newer reviews for Ojai Cafe Emporium

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Good breakfast. My sister enjoyed the cinnamon roll French toast. Eggs, omelets, pancakes were tasty. Latte was mediocre.

1  Thank victoria_deneroff
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I've never been disappointed with the food here after many many visits. They have a wide variety of creative, generous and tasty choices. I almost want to keep it a secret just to myself.

1  Thank WmHenderson
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I went here on the advice of someone who worked at the hotel we were staying. The restaurant was pretty crowded, and we could tell that most of the patrons were locals. The breakfast selections are plentiful, and we had pancakes, which were big and fluffy!, the Belgian waffle with berries and cream (yum!), and eggs and bacon( bacon was a little fatty for me). Despite being crowded, our order came pretty fast. Our waitress wasn't that friendly, but she did seem pretty busy. We will definitely return when we come back to Ojai. Eating here is much better than paying the sky high prices for food at the hotel!

1  Thank KittyAtlanta
Reviewed September 11, 2012

**They are open for breakfast and lunch only. Bakery 6:30AM-3PM Restaurant 7AM-3PM **
I've eaten at the Emporium Cafe dozens of times and find the food to be plentiful and good. Their quiches are very good as are their soups and salads. They bring a basket of fresh homemade breads to the table and the brown bread is my favorite! They also have a nice little bakery on the street side of the building where you can have a cup of coffee/tea and a pastry without going to the restaurant itself.

The patio is nice, but flies seem to always be a problem. The interior restaurant is clean, nothing special about the decor. You will certainly get a decent meal here for a reasonable price.

1  Thank HereAndNowAlways