“Always a treat!”

Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Besant Rd
Transit: Ojai Trolly stops 1/2 block away. Ojai Taxi available.
Description: The ultimate in romance--hidden away in the beautiful Ojai Valley located between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. Intimate garden dining, meandering streams, award winning cuisine, Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence wine list with over 700 selections available, bakery and herb garden on premises--for over 56 years this romantic garden restaurant has been perfection in Ojai.....
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I'm always bound to go here - there's nothing more appealling to me than sitting in a garden while having a meal. The koi pond was directly adjacent to our tablethis time - fantastic fun! We stolled through the herb garden after placing our order. And then came our dishes - yum yum!

2  Thank Ann D

Reviewed August 1, 2012

While in Ojai over the weekend, we sitting at another restaurant in the bar and started chatting with the couple next to us. They were long time Ojai residents and the husband and my husband had two things in common....they both were farriers and they both are now in construction! Small world! Anyway......they steared us toward a great hike (will write a separate review) and the Ranch House. WOW is all I can say about this place. We showed up about 8:30pm. Seated in a courtyard with tons of twinkle lights! Stunning gardens, koi pond, live acoustic guitar, delicious food (my husband had the pork chop special with a mushroom vermouth sauce...to die for!) and I had the salmon. They have a very extensive wine list and we enjoyed a couple of glasses along with a tawny port for "dessert".

I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Ojai. It was a very memorable evening!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The setting is gorgeous -- overlooking a garden, but it has a slightly funky feel, like you are in a grotto from Lord of the Rings. We went with our family, and everyone enjoyed the experience. Wines were great, food delicious, service excellent, a highlight of our trip.

2  Thank LLTraveler7
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Beautiful gardens, food not worth the hefty price. It is much loved by some people, but I was disappointed ...

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Excellent food with excellent ambiance. If the weather cooperates, ask for a able in the woods. A little pricey but well worth it. AAA+++

2  Thank Greg S

Been to Ranch House? Share your experiences!