“Great casual dining”
Review of The Oak Kitchen

The Oak Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oak Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 96 Restaurants in Ojai
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 150 (Ojai Avenue)
Description: The Oak offers a daily breakfast, lunch and dinner experience featuring locally sourced products, many of which come from our resort herb garden. Al fresco dining under the vine-covered pergola offers dramatic views overlooking 200-year-old Oak trees, golf course and sweeping mountain vistas. Nightly specials. Saturday Breakfast Buffet | Saturday 8:00AM - 1:00PM | $29 includes made-to-order omelets, fresh fruit and breakfast classics; kids 12 and under $10.00 Bluegrass Brunch Buffet | Sunday 9:30AM - 2:00PM | $49 includes carving station, raw bar, market salads, chocolate fountain bottomless champagne and more; kids 12 and under $14.50
Pasadena, California
“Great casual dining”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went to breakfast here most days as we had a breakfast package. We also had a lunch and a dinner here. All was very good food and the servers were all very friendly, some efficient, some not so much. We did not sit inside, but I think most of the restaurant is outside under patio cover and they also have separate patio dining for people with dogs. The Ojai Valley Resort is very dog friendly! The food was average but I gave it a very good because of the staff and allowance of dogs!

Visited December 2013

Los Angeles, California, United States
“4-1/2 Star Food with 10 Star Service!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I dined here on Christmas Eve while vacationing in Ojai (I didn't stay at the Inn). I arrived early and was escorted to the lovely Marvilla bar and expertly handed off into the care of an attentive bartender where I enjoyed a glass a wine he recommended. That was the beginning of the spectacular service that never waivered during my entire meal. I often travel alone and many fine restaurants like to stick solo female diners in a corner and forget about them, or hurry them through their meal. I don't care how good the food, I will slap down a restaurant for such demeaning service. It was the exact opposite at the Oak Grill. I was fawned over like a favorite visiting auntie by an army of waiters who addressed me by name each time they approached.

For Christmas Eve the Oak Grill offered a 3-course Christmas Dinner with a choice of two soups, entrées and desserts - but you could also order from a selection of their regular items. I went with the prix fixe menu. My one complaint is that they only offered prime rib or baked ham for the entrée and should have offered a fish choice as well. I chose lobster bisque, prime rib and black forest cake for my Christmas meal.

The lobster bisque was not the traditional thick cream based chowder with chunks of lobster. Once this New England born gal got past that, I enjoyed it immensely. It was thin and strained with nary a shred of lobster but the lobster flavor came through loud and clear, along with truffle. The prime rib came with a twice baked potato that was very dry and plain and perfectly grilled asparagus. Although I ordered the meat medium rare, it was more medium well and a bit on the dry side. It was an ordinary prime rib you can get most anywhere. Dessert though was da bomb! A deconstructed black forest cake with a dark chocolate cookie/crust then a layer of some sort if creamy custard, then a layer of cherries soaked in brandy followed by a dome of more custard dusted with bittersweet cocoa. I could have eaten a bowl of the cherries alone. The portions on all courses were generous and I brought half the meat home.

• Visited December 2013
Cameron, Wisconsin, USA
“Worth a special trip”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely lunch on the outside terrace. Our waitress Lorin was cordial, attentive and very helpful. We had difficulty making a selection because there are so many wonderful menu items. Our food was delicious and beautifully presented. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates good food, properly prepared and graciously served.

Visited November 2013
Novato, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Lovely restaurant. We sat outside with the trees all lit up with lights. Food was great service was awesome. I would highly recommend his restaurant.

Visited November 2013
durham, nh
“Romantic choice”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Dinner outside on the covered terrace is wonderful with the sparkling oak trees out front and the tall heaters keeping everything warm. They had a singer who was very good - fun listening from the wicker couches after we were done with our meal. Breakfast at the same restaurant was also very good, though you should dine inside if you have any bee allergies - they pester though they don't seem to cause any trouble beyond that. But if you have a bee phobia at all, save yourself the aggravation and eat inside. Very tasty brunch.

Visited October 2013